Something big is building down in Provo

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Y 4 Ever
All-American
Posts: 1580
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 am
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Something big is building down in Provo

Post by Y 4 Ever » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Boys, this is going to be the year we have been waiting for. I can feel it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

User avatar
vancouvercougar
All-American
Posts: 1410
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:36 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Location: Vancouver Wa

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by vancouvercougar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Are you refferring to the temple in downtown PRovo? :) :)

User avatar
scott715
TV Analyst
Posts: 10046
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:56 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Location: Pendleton, OR

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by scott715 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:53 pm

It's huge.

Y 4 Ever
All-American
Posts: 1580
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 am
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by Y 4 Ever » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Smartasses. I almost "brewing" instead of building, but thought better of it.

But the point is, I think this is going to be a special year. The best since 1996. Maybe even the best since 1984. The ingredients are all there. And the lack of hype surrounding an obviously experienced and talented team only reinforces my feeling.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by Y 4 Ever on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Posts: 10725
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by Cougarbib » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Y 4 Ever wrote:Smartasses. I almost "brewing" instead of building, but thought better of it.

But the point is, I think this is going to be a special year. The best since 1986. Maybe even the best since 1984. The ingredients are all there. And the lack of hype surrounding an obviously experienced and talented team only reinforces my feeling.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Define Special. For me, 10-3 would be a special season with this schedule including the Bowl game.

11-2 would be very special.

12-1 would be unconscious special

13-0 would be unbelievably extra special

I am thinking we get 9 counting the Bowl Game. Maybe 10.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Posts: 6740
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by Cougs_Rule » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Bib, You're such an apologasterisk. Or an apologisterisk, if you prefer. Lighten up. I thought I was bad.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

User avatar
KingCoug
All-American
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:56 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by KingCoug » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Cougarbib2 wrote:
Define Special. For me, 10-3 would be a special season with this schedule including the Bowl game.

11-2 would be very special.

12-1 would be unconscious special

13-0 would be unbelievably extra special

I am thinking we get 9 counting the Bowl Game. Maybe 10.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Compared to stuckinbig10country, you're an optimist.
"Go forth boldly, nobly, and independent." - Brother Joseph

pikoi
BLUEshirt
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by pikoi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 pm

I am optimistic but I have been hearing from my contacts in and near the program that the offensive line is getting owned regularly. I hope this is due to the talent and speed of our d-line and not representative of what we are going to see this season.

Y 4 Ever
All-American
Posts: 1580
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 am
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by Y 4 Ever » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Cougarbib2 wrote:
Y 4 Ever wrote:Smartasses. I almost "brewing" instead of building, but thought better of it.

But the point is, I think this is going to be a special year. The best since 1986. Maybe even the best since 1984. The ingredients are all there. And the lack of hype surrounding an obviously experienced and talented team only reinforces my feeling.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Define Special. For me, 10-3 would be a special season with this schedule including the Bowl game.

11-2 would be very special.

12-1 would be unconscious special

13-0 would be unbelievably extra special

I am thinking we get 9 counting the Bowl Game. Maybe 10.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I would say special means something we haven't done for a very long time. 10 and even 11 win seasons have become common and so are not "special". I believe a 12-1 or even 13-0 type season is in the works, barring major injuries. There is no team on our schedule that we cannot beat. Not one. And with a veteran and hungry team, I expect big things. IMO, anything less than 10 wins is a MAJOR disappointment

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

User avatar
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Posts: 12645
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:11 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by SpiffCoug » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm

13-0 is the best team in BYU history.
12-1 is a top three or four team in BYU history.
11-2 is a top ten team in BYU history.
10-3 is a top 15 team in BYU history.
9-4 is a top 20 team in BYU history.

Top three or four teams in BYU history: 1996, 1984 & 1980.
Remaining top ten teams in BYU history: 2009, 2006, 2001, 1990, 1983, 1979.
Remaining top 15 teams in BYU history: 2007, 1994, 1989, 1985, 1981.
Remaining top 20 teams in BYU history: 2010, 2008, 1978, 1977, 1976.
BYU PER W/L Since 1988: 319-53 (.858 )
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Image

Post Reply