Wow! Jason Buck interview...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Wow! Jason Buck interview...

Post by Brayden Green »

He doesn't sound bitter to me, he sounds disenfranchised. I listened to it twice and didn't hear any bitterness to the program, just a lot of distaste for Bronco and the way things are run.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Disenfranchised = I was once offended by you and I took it to be shunned and I further removed myself from your presence with my support.
Are you true blue or not??!!!
Or are you too cool for blue these days?? Jason? Vai? Biegel? Derek? Whit! Nice company!

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Plenty of cougar alumni feel disenfranchised from the program, compared to the way Lavell ran things. It's a hard stretch to say that they were all offended, or that not being involved was the cause. I think that if BYU used half the effort that Utah is using (with our own alumni, even) then things would be different.

Is it such a stretch to think that Bronco, who is a jerk to the fans and donors, is also a jerk to alumni?

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Do the alumni feel entitled? That could be part of it.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Talked to my BIL who was in town this weekend who is a former player. He says that the guys saying Bronco is cold to alumni are ridiculous. Told me that Crowton did virtually nothing for alums and even Lavell didn't do all the things Bronco does for alums (alumni flag, doing stuff with alumni in the spring, having them down on the field before the games, etc). He said that the alumni who are complaining are the prima donna types with unrealistic expectations who expect to get free 50 yard line tickets to all the games.

Also said that Bronco should take back the defense in full and that he needs to bring more of a warm personality to recruits.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

The recruits will see his warm personality burn brightly when he puts them through hell during conditioning exercises.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I hope Jason Buck realizes the effect of these interviews idiots like he and Derik Stevenson keep giving out. It does nothing to help BYU, and in fact only undercuts BYU as these interviews get bookmarked by the Utah coaching staff and others in their negative recruiting. You think Whittingham isn't going to make sure these things get to Gabe Reid?

What is shows it that the guys from Lavell's era weren't as loyal to "alma mater" as we might think. It makes it look like these prattling idiots care about "fratres ante mater alma", or "bros before hos". They'd rather promote the interest of a Lavell-guy over the interest of Lavell's school. If they were really about helping out BYU, these comments would be made to Holmoe or the BOT, not to the local media in the most vital weeks of recruiting. For that generation, it's more about the guys under the helmet than the logo on the helmet.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

BlueIsBetter wrote:He doesn't sound bitter to me, he sounds disenfranchised. I listened to it twice and didn't hear any bitterness to the program, just a lot of distaste for Bronco and the way things are run.

Disenfranchised my derriere! You do not say those things in this way at this time and in that manner unless you are bitter and wish to tear down.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

BoiseBYU wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:He doesn't sound bitter to me, he sounds disenfranchised. I listened to it twice and didn't hear any bitterness to the program, just a lot of distaste for Bronco and the way things are run.

Disenfranchised my derriere! You do not say those things in this way at this time and in that manner unless you are bitter and wish to tear down.
I have to agree with you - his "Bronco got the job despite hating BYU and only by saying churchy things" comment is so out of touch with reality that the only conclusion is that he's bitter bitter bitter!

Bronco - (who according to Buck hates BYU) had his first act as head coach to persuade Lavell to use all of his political capital with Nike to switch uniforms back to what they should look like. Bronco "hated BYU so much that he restored the look of BYU back to when he (Bronco) really hated the school .... :roll:

And to say that someone got a job just because he “said churchy things” Is the epitome of sophomoric! (like those who are hirign are so stupid tht as long as anyone "says churchy things" they'll get hired. :skeptic:
Last edited by ABYUFAN on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Well that, but yes, he had to say more churchy things than he probably ever has had to. So there is that. But not worthy of JBs cheap shot.