Death Penalty for Penn State!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Death Penalty for Penn State!

Post by Cougarbib »

Schmoe wrote:
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Cougarbib2 wrote:Judge on.

I came upon a car in Las Vegas today. It had a big blue S sticker on it. On close inspection, it was a Penn State sticker - proudly displayed. It coordinated nicely with the blue Nevada plates and the Penn State license plate frame.

Was I supposed to kill him / her - or honk and flip the bird - or follow the car and deface the sticker and rip off the license plate frame - beat them up -

Or just allow them to peacefully enjoy whatever remnant of pride they have in their alma mater.

Here is. Metaphor. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with this very real but unexpected situation - hope I used good judgment. Glass houses and all.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
[Insert quote from Billy Madison about "rambling, incoherent responses" here]
Let me make it simpler.

Those who live in glass houses ... Should have sex in the basement -oops wrong metaphor for Sandusky. Maybe it was - should not cast stones - forget that one.

This.

The innocent will suffer immeasurably at PSUvincluding whomever it was driving that car. No need to pile on. Maybe more need to lighten their burden and help them heal.
Oh, I got the point that you were ATTEMPTING to make, but it was such a ridiculous reaching hyperbole strawman fallacy of exaggeration that I gave it the response it deserved.
Fair enough. You GOT the POINT I was ATTEMPTING to make. Fair enough. Apology accepted.

WINK

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

;)

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

EM_Puma wrote:
Mars wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
EM_Puma wrote: The statue HAS to come down.
Why? It's a perpetual reminder of their shame.
Add a crying child in the distance with Paterno's upturned face patently ignoring it.
They could move the Paterno statue to the library, to remind people to keep quiet.
Don't like to laugh when it's a serious matter, but dang, that was funny.
This. MARS - two classic lines in this exchange. Genius in how you weave a little humor, tastefully, into such a sensitive subject. You were at your best in this one.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.