Something big is building down in Provo

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Something big is building down in Provo

Post by jonnylingo »

I am surprised at how confident everybody is about Georgia Tech.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

jonnylingo wrote:I am surprised at how confident everybody is about Georgia Tech.
If you mean surprised at how confident everyone seems to be that BYU will beat GT at their house - I share THIS surprise. The game is winnable - but they will be favored, unless we are better than expected or they are worse than expected.

By the time we play them, both teams should be well tested and measured.

They will be better than the AFA team that shredded Nelson and Heaps.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

jonnylingo wrote:I am surprised at how confident everybody is about Georgia Tech.
Beat Kansas 66-24.
Beat North Carolina.
Won @ NC State.
Beat Maryland.
Beat #5 Clemson 31-17.
Won @ Duke.

Played Utah 41 points closer than we did.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I'm not. I think it could be our most difficult game.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Waipahuboy
Recruit

Post by Waipahuboy »

I'm hoping the Iggles implode under Andy Reid in 2012, the Luries sack him....and he comes to Provo to assume the head coaching gig in '13. Let Mendenhall retire or retain him as DC.

Coach Reid would legitimize the Y's program, with his NFL pedigree and contacts (college and pro) within the coaching ranks. Given his recent challenges, family life with his wife and children might be better, too.

Well, one can dream. Would never happen, I'm afraid.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Lawboy wrote:I think people are not giving the Irish their due this year. For the first time in a long while, I think that they are a legit top-25 team. They were very close to BCS last year. Just blew games against Michigan and 1 other late, or they were in. Plus, they return their QB, who like RN, is not flashy, but effective. ANd their coach is very good.

That game will be our toughest for sure.
This. ND will likely play 6 or more teams as good as or better than BYU including, perhaps the #1 team in the nation. They will probably, therefore, lose more games than BYU loses, end up ranked lower, even if they beat us soundly.

See Utah 2011 to see how that kind of thing works.

But at least Blue is Better didn't call them Terrible, Simply Terrible, which means he realizes they will be pretty good.

And he is already calling for coaches heads to roll if we can't beat these bad teams.

Hopefully Blue wears Blue, has a BYU Flag in his yard even thoug U killed us, a Y on his curb by his street address number, stickers in his car and house windows, Y spare tire and trailer hitch cover and a Y hat - you know - expect as much of yourself as a fan - as you expect of your team.

BTW Blue - has your band cracked the Top 10 yet? Not easy? Terrible, Simply Terrible.

:) :) :)

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Cougarbib2 wrote:
Lawboy wrote:I think people are not giving the Irish their due this year. For the first time in a long while, I think that they are a legit top-25 team. They were very close to BCS last year. Just blew games against Michigan and 1 other late, or they were in. Plus, they return their QB, who like RN, is not flashy, but effective. ANd their coach is very good.

That game will be our toughest for sure.
This. ND will likely play 6 or more teams as good as or better than BYU including, perhaps the #1 team in the nation. They will probably, therefore, lose more games than BYU loses, end up ranked lower, even if they beat us soundly.

See Utah 2011 to see how that kind of thing works.

But at least Blue is Better didn't call them Terrible, Simply Terrible, which means he realizes they will be pretty good.

Hopefully Blue wears Blue, has a BYU Flag in his yard even thoug U killed us, a Y on his curb by his street address number, stickers in his car and house windows, Y spare tire and trailer hitch cover and a Y hat - you know - expect as much of yourself as a fan - as you expect of your team.

And he is already calling for coaches heads to roll if we can't beat these bad teams.

BTW Blue - has your band cracked the Top 10 yet? Not easy? Terrible, Simply Terrible.

Sigh. Another dumb post by Bib2, calling out somebody for no reason.
I'm not the one who is a self-admitted Ute fan. I hate the Utes. You actually like them. You have admitted many times in many places that they are your #2 team, and that you want them to win whenever they aren't playing BYU. Trollolololololololol.

Mark Weber should have lost his job *years* ago with his lack of control of, and a sersiously UNDERperforming, offensive line. This might be the year that happens. He has been living on good recruits coming to the Y, a steady diet of Reynolds' boys, and BYU as an organization that gives its employees more job security than a unionized teacher in California. He and the S and C coach should be gone for the travesties of player fitness that they have put out there the last 3 years +. That is whom I am referring to here.
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. I quit leadsinging for that band 2 years ago.

Ute Troll.

Last edited by Brayden Green on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BlueIsBetter wrote: Trollolololololololol.
Well said!

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars