Utah QB Situation

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
dank80
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Utah QB Situation

Post by dank80 »

With their current situation, it looks like White is going to be getting 30 carries a game again.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

dank80 wrote:With their current situation, it looks like White is going to be getting 30 carries a game again.

Y should prepare for U to do that - so he does not run wild on us.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Utah fans who are not extremely concerned about this season are "fans" who don't understand the game.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

White didn't run wild on us, until the defense quit when it realized the offense and special teams couldn't do their share to win the game or even hold onto the football.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

SpiffCoug wrote:White didn't run wild on us, until the defense quit when it realized the offense and special teams couldn't do their share to win the game or even hold onto the football.
It's surprising how many have forgotten that fact. In the first half, our defense was knocking the Yewts all over the field. White, himself, said it was like "running into concrete." It was only when the D threw in the towel that he started gaining big yards.

I'll say it again. If Bronco has an ounce of self-respect, he'll never allow one of his teams to quit like that again. Especially the side of the ball he's in charge of.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Yep, White had like 9 carries for 18 yards in the first half. Finished with 22 carries for 184 yards, 3 TDs.

1st half: 2 yards per carry, no TDs.
2nd half: 12.8 yards per carry, 1 TD per 4.3 carries.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Y 4 Ever »

SpiffCoug wrote:Yep, White had like 9 carries for 18 yards in the first half. Finished with 22 carries for 184 yards, 3 TDs.

1st half: 2 yards per carry, no TDs.
2nd half: 12.8 yards per carry, 1 TD per 4.3 carries.
It was after White's 2nd long TD run that I did something that I almost never do - I got up and left. I figured if the team had quit, I might as well too.

Dwight
Freshman

Post by Dwight »

I predict that by the 2nd half of the Utah game, we will know who's shoulder repair is holding up better. Wynn's or KVN's. However, if KVN is having trouble with his shoulder, there is a chance we won't notice. KVN's shoulder is carrying a superior head. 8)

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

KingCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:White didn't run wild on us, until the defense quit when it realized the offense and special teams couldn't do their share to win the game or even hold onto the football.
It's surprising how many have forgotten that fact. In the first half, our defense was knocking the Yewts all over the field. White, himself, said it was like "running into concrete." It was only when the D threw in the towel that he started gaining big yards.

I'll say it again. If Bronco has an ounce of self-respect, he'll never allow one of his teams to quit like that again. Especially the side of the ball he's in charge of.
IMHO - the old fox - Norm Chow threw something at the Cougs that Bronco had not prepare for - same play twice or thrice. Two TDs. Back breaker. No adjustment .

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Cougarbib wrote:
KingCoug wrote:

IMHO - the old fox - Norm Chow threw something at the Cougs that Bronco had not prepare for - same play twice or thrice. Two TDs. Back breaker. No adjustment .

Bronco's strength has always been making adjustments. :P