I'm TELLING you guys

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: I'm TELLING you guys

Post by jonnylingo »

frdbtr wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:If there ever was a tike to catch BSU it's this year. Lost the best QB they've had, lost a lot of skill players, lost a good defense. BYU has an excellent defense to confound the new QB, has the offense to put up points against a untested defense, and BSU's streak at home was broken last year. BSU has more questions to answer this year. I fully expect BYU to beat them.
This is exactly what i though last year about tcu.
And if we hadn't have had 4 botched punts, it would have been a good assumption.
I think you and I have hashed this point out sufficiently. I am just going to keep my mouth shut. Lets just say that Riley has a chance to redeem himself this year.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:If there ever was a tike to catch BSU it's this year. Lost the best QB they've had, lost a lot of skill players, lost a good defense. BYU has an excellent defense to confound the new QB, has the offense to put up points against a untested defense, and BSU's streak at home was broken last year. BSU has more questions to answer this year. I fully expect BYU to beat them.
And if we hadn't have had 4 botched punts, it would have been a good assumption.
I think you and I have hashed this point out sufficiently. I am just going to keep my mouth shut. Lets just say that Riley has a chance to redeem himself this year.
Interesting that Riley Nelson, who saved the season last year, needs to redeem himself for last year, but Jake Heaps, who nearly destroyed the season, was merely mismanaged - put in a bad situation - and deserved our our pitty/respect.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

hawkwing wrote:Interesting that Riley Nelson, who saved the season last year, needs to redeem himself for last year, but Jake Heaps, who nearly destroyed the season, was merely mismanaged - put in a bad situation - and deserved our our pitty/respect.
I agree. If it weren't for Riley's grit/determination in that game, we would have had another utah style blow out against TCU with 28 points given up on botched punts. Riley had 3 turnovers in that game and TCU scored 3 points off of them. Riley was the reason we were in that game at the end with a chance to win it, he doesn't need to apologise for anything in that game. With a little coaching he won't make the same mistakes again that everyone points out as the reason this years offense is going to suck against good teams.

jonnylingo
All Star

Post by jonnylingo »

frdbtr wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Interesting that Riley Nelson, who saved the season last year, needs to redeem himself for last year, but Jake Heaps, who nearly destroyed the season, was merely mismanaged - put in a bad situation - and deserved our our pitty/respect.
I agree. If it weren't for Riley's grit/determination in that game, we would have had another utah style blow out against TCU with 28 points given up on botched punts. Riley had 3 turnovers in that game and TCU scored 3 points off of them. Riley was the reason we were in that game at the end with a chance to win it, he doesn't need to apologise for anything in that game. With a little coaching he won't make the same mistakes again that everyone points out as the reason this years offense is going to suck against good teams.
without his bondheaded mistakes and unforced erros we would have easily won as well.

jonnylingo
All Star

Post by jonnylingo »

hawkwing wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Interesting that Riley Nelson, who saved the season last year, needs to redeem himself for last year, but Jake Heaps, who nearly destroyed the season, was merely mismanaged - put in a bad situation - and deserved our our pitty/respect.
Rilew blew the tcu game. Special teams also blew it. Jake played like crap all year. Riley still has not won a big game. he will have more than one chance to win a big game this year and make a name for himself. Hope he does.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

jonnylingo wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Rilew blew the tcu game. Special teams also blew it. Jake played like crap all year. Riley still has not won a big game. he will have more than one chance to win a big game this year and make a name for himself. Hope he does.
Jake didn't win any big games either, never has in his whole career. If anyone has been mismanaged by the coaches and has reason to complain, it's Riley Nelson.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
without his bondheaded mistakes and unforced erros we would have easily won as well.
This is false.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

jonnylingo wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
This is false. The Utah State game was a very big win - it saved the season.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

SpiffCoug wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr wrote:

This is false.
Arguing this point with Jonnie is like spitting into the wind. 28>3 just doesn't compute with him.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

frdbtr wrote:
Sure tcu only scored 3 pts off riley turnovers, but that's not where they really hurt. IIRC, at least 2 of those to's were in the red zone, and kept byu points off the board. 2 extra byu td's or even fg's and the game flows a bit differently.

But I still think the punt team lost that game.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image