I'm TELLING you guys

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I'm TELLING you guys

Post by Y 4 Ever »

In the spirit of HYPE WEEK, I am going to say this one more time:

Be ready for a truly SPECIAL season this year.

The kind we haven't enjoyed since 1996.

If we lose a single game this year, I will be shocked.

Here is my score prediction for games this year:

vs WSU - 34 - 19

vs WSU Jr - 52 - 3

vs :utard: - 27 - 13

vs BSU - 38 - 24

vs Hawaii - 49 - 17

vs USU - 42 - 13

vs OSU - 45 - 20

vs ND - 27 - 24

vs GT - 28 - 20

vs Idaho - 52 - 0

vs SJSU - 38 - 21

vs NMSU - 48 - 6

That's 12-0 baby!

UNLEASH HYPE WEEK

trueblue72
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: I'm TELLING you guys

Post by trueblue72 »

HYPE WEEK IS ON!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

IN THE SPIRIT OF HYPE WEEK 13-0 WITH THE FIESTA BOWL WIN!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Even if we do go undefeated, and I pray that's the case, you really think we're gonna put 38 points on Boise State? In Boise?

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a lot less excitement this season than others. Not trying to be an Eeyore, but reading the various BYU oriented boards, there is something missing out there. Does anyone know if the WSU game is even close to being sold out?

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

KingCoug wrote:Even if we do go undefeated, and I pray that's the case, you really think we're gonna put 38 points on Boise State? In Boise?
Man, that's gonna be tough as they return four whole starters on that D...

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

EM_Puma wrote:Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a lot less excitement this season than others. Not trying to be an Eeyore, but reading the various BYU oriented boards, there is something missing out there. Does anyone know if the WSU game is even close to being sold out?
I think a lot of BYU fans have just learned over time to not buy into the pre-season hype too much. More of a wait-and-see attitude.
Schmoe wrote:Man, that's gonna be tough as they return four whole starters on that D...
Assuming this is sarcasm, I think too many BYU fans are overlooking Boise State's propensity to "reload." Also, when it comes to X's and O's, few rival Petersen. And, once again, how many times have the Broncos lost at home in the last six years? Once. Not to mention there are still questions about our own offense.

I'm not saying they're not beatable. They're probably more so then they have been in a long time. But too many BYU fans are making this game out to be more of a gimmee than it is.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

KingCoug wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:Maybe it's me, but there seems to be a lot less excitement this season than others. Not trying to be an Eeyore, but reading the various BYU oriented boards, there is something missing out there. Does anyone know if the WSU game is even close to being sold out?
I think a lot of BYU fans have just learned over time to not buy into the pre-season hype too much. More of a wait-and-see attitude.
I think last year broke all of our hype bubbles. Our top ranked QB was coming off an impressive, gritty performance against Utah (that last drive, specifically). The whole offseason, the coaches, players and media were ramping up the hype higher than I can remember. Then the infamous, "we're so ready we're cutting fall camp a few practices short."

The disaster that ensued those first couple games is going to stick with us for awhile. I'm not going to be buying into any hype until I see it on the field. Well, I'm trying not to, but sometimes I just can't help myself :crazy:

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

tmoney35 wrote: I think last year broke all of our hype bubbles. Our top ranked QB was coming off an impressive, gritty performance against Utah (that last drive, specifically). The whole offseason, the coaches, players and media were ramping up the hype higher than I can remember. Then the infamous, "we're so ready we're cutting fall camp a few practices short."

The disaster that ensued those first couple games is going to stick with us for awhile. I'm not going to be buying into any hype until I see it on the field. Well, I'm trying not to, but sometimes I just can't help myself :crazy:
Cautiously optimistic is the best I can do.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I think this is a good thing. Less hype from the program and coaches. Less hype from the fans. Much better to underpromise and over-deliver.
Dont forget that coaches, not just Heaps, have previously proferred talk of National Championship-- for 2012!! We are only missing the mythical golden arm #1 qb recruit. Instead, we have a dark horse (by national standards and even byu standards) but one who has improved and has a lot of the intangibles AND the rest of that team that was supposed to do great things--this year.
So, it's not just inconceivable!

JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

I want to believe!!!!... I'm just having a really hard time with trying to not put as much emotion into it as I have for the last several years. I already have ulcers, and I don't want grey hair by the time I'm 30.