Poll: Who should be the starting QB?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Who should be the starting QB?

Nelson
No votes
Hill
64%
Lark
36%

Total votes: 42

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Poll: Who should be the starting QB?

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I voted Hill. Though, I wouldn't care if it were Lark. Honestly, I thought they were going to put Lark in and pull Riley because Lark looked impressive in his two drives passing the ball. Hill has a lot going for him too with his quickness.

A healthy Riley is best, but he is nowhere near healthy. An unhealthy Riley is just terrible. I put Hill/Lark on an even field. Lark is probably the better passer right now, but Hill is the more mobile QB (and with our OL, that cannot be understated). Because Hill is the future ( I just got :sick: thinking about where I have heard this phrase before), we should probably go with him.

I think the results will be different with this Freshman. He didn't make starting a condition of coming to BYU, and though every missionary doesn't come home more mature, we can at least argue that most 22 year olds are more mature than when they were 18. If Jim Harbough saw something in him, he must be pretty good. I have been encouraged by what I have seen so far (Apo dropped those two passes--the replay showed they were off the ground and actually went through Apo's hands). Oh, crap, I'm already blaming the receivers again. :sick: Hopefully this time turns out more :love: than :munch:

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
YNot
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by YNot »

Cougarfan87 wrote:(Apo dropped those two passes--the replay showed they were off the ground and actually went through Apo's hands). Oh, crap, I'm already blaming the receivers again. :sick: Hopefully this time turns out more :love: than :munch:
The replay on the second bounce pass showed that the ball did clearly hit the ground before it got to Apo; however, the first looked like Apo could have prevented the pass from hitting the ground with a good play.

Also, the penalty where the line judge said that Apo went out of bounds and then came back in was clearly false. The ESPN replay shows that he did not really even come that close to stepping out of bounds. Apo was also WIDE OPEN in the end zone when Riley threw his first pick. Coulda woulda shoulda...been a touchdown.

I think we have seen some good defenses in pretty hostile environments the last two games. I have no doubt that BYU's offense will perform well at home against Hawaii, USU, and Oregon State, regardless of who is playing QB.

...the Notre Dame and Georgia Tech games, however, those could be very similar to what we have seen in the last week and half unless our offense really gets on a roll.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Heck lets put Lark in at QB and Hill at RB. I like all of the possibilities. then on FG/extra points have Hill back to kick it or a trick play. For Hawaii have him kick it (should have been at Weber) or go for two points or TD.