Taysom Hill injured?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Taysom Hill injured?

Post by BroncoBot »

my guess, other than it just being a hard hit, would be ACL damage (prevents tibia translating anteriorly which basically is what happened on that hit, actually femur was driven posteriorly). Terrible if he's injured.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Just watched that vid. Either he has surpassed Riley nelson as being tougher than all of us or there isn't a serious knee injury. He was walking off the field without a limp after that game and if he had blown out his knee, that would be impossible.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Unfortunately, not really true. A lot of guys "walk off" ACL injuries. Causes some instability at knee joint and needs addressed, but pain is a poor test of that particular injury.

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

vancouvercougar wrote:I thought that at the point Hill injured himself we still needed a first down to run out the clock. a pass would be dangerous--2 bad things can happen and the clock stops without a USU timeout. To run it when we should be tatking a knee is stupid, but we weren't there yet.
Nope. It was definitely unnecessary. There was 1:14 left and USU had only one timeout. We had just got a first down on the previous play. I was bugged at the time that we were risking a fumble or injury. If Taysom is done for the year, and it appears that he is, I am going to be pissed.

Matty-B
Junior

Post by Matty-B »

byutx wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:I thought that at the point Hill injured himself we still needed a first down to run out the clock. a pass would be dangerous--2 bad things can happen and the clock stops without a USU timeout. To run it when we should be tatking a knee is stupid, but we weren't there yet.
Nope. It was definitely unnecessary. There was 1:14 left and USU had only one timeout. We had just got a first down on the previous play. I was bugged at the time that we were risking a fumble or injury. If Taysom is done for the year, and it appears that he is, I am going to be pissed.

I feel the same way. I will be angry and very annoyed.
Who the hell runs your QB when bleeding the clock??? Even if he is a good runner and a tough kid.
Throw in the fact that our "starter" is already injured... just REALLY stupid.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

He was holding/ massaging the outside of his knee. I think it is ACL. Then he was seen holding his helmet later in denial and horror probably from the Docs assessment that it was Season ending if later confirmed.

IowaCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by IowaCougar »

I haven't had a chance to read any of the press regarding this, but did anyone else notice the discussion Taysom and Coach Doman were having right after the play (during the time out)? It looked like the coach was scolding him. My assumption at the time was that he was telling him "What are you doing? Just take a knee!"

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

AmmonCougar1
Sophomore

Post by AmmonCougar1 »

For what it's worth, and I know nothing about whatever injury it is Taysom may have suffered, he was never fully recovered from a cheap shot he took in HS after he kicked off at a game in Holt Arena. You can go find it by searching "Taysom Hill" at Youtube.com It's only about 14 seconds long. The coach who called for the hit was disciplined but I do not recall the extent. Anyway, he injured his knee at that point and it was hoped by his family and doctor that his mission time off would allow sufficient time to rehab. After getting thrown into action so soon this year he tweaked sometime in his first action this year. They knew he was going to need some offseason surgery to clean things up and repair it and hoped he would 'survive' this season with now extended play time without having to have season-ending surgery instead. Obviously he didn't make it. Whether it was Domans fault or his on the play call, it was really just a ticking time-bomb waiting to go off as to the surgery.

In my opinion, while I have been pleased with how he played and the progress he made in two starts, I would rather have seen Lark if for now other reason than because he had paid his dues.

On another side note, we may lose Ross to a transfer at the end of the season too. He's tired of not getting thrown to and he is trying to improve enough to get a chance in the NFL and a glorified downfield run blocker is not getting him where he wants to get.

Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Matty-B wrote:
byutx wrote:

I feel the same way. I will be angry and very annoyed.
Who the hell runs your QB when bleeding the clock??? Even if he is a good runner and a tough kid.
Throw in the fact that our "starter" is already injured... just REALLY stupid.
I am not currently calling for his head, but he needs to improve and fast, but if T Hill is injured for the season on an unnecessary play, then it will be over for me. You don't put your qbs out there for injury like that. Absolute Bull Yewt!

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Devbo
BLUEshirt

Post by Devbo »

AmmonCougar1 wrote:On another side note, we may lose Ross to a transfer at the end of the season too. He's tired of not getting thrown to and he is trying to improve enough to get a chance in the NFL and a glorified downfield run blocker is not getting him where he wants to get.
If Apo is serious about making it to the NFL, he needs to do more with the chances he is given.