And the controversy lives on

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: And the controversy lives on

Post by Matty-B »

Schmoe wrote:
SHIZ wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
SHIZ wrote:
Jarhead wrote: Are you really going to blame the Apo pick on Riley?
yes, yes i am. how come every time he throws that one to apo its either over his head or apo has to go to the ground to catch it? what happened to hitting a guy in the numbers?
Yep, those three bad throws to Apo really cost us the game...
quarterback didn't cost us the game but didn't play well enough to win either.
Yep, 24 points and 386 total yards is not good enough to win vs. a top ten team. We'd have needed the return of Steve Young to win this one.
What percentage of your posts AREN'T bitter sarcasm?

SHIZ
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SHIZ »

Schmoe wrote:
SHIZ wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
SHIZ wrote:
yes, yes i am. how come every time he throws that one to apo its either over his head or apo has to go to the ground to catch it? what happened to hitting a guy in the numbers?
Yep, 24 points and 386 total yards is not good enough to win vs. a top ten team. We'd have needed the return of Steve Young to win this one.
24 points, 386 total yards, and how many red zone turnovers?

the tragedy of riley nelson is that yeah, you are right, he played about as well as you could have hoped today, but it takes a near flawless game from him like that just to keep up with a good team.

i'm sure whatever lingering back issues he has will be cleared up in time to look great vs new mexico state though, really looking forward to that.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Matty-B wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
SHIZ wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
SHIZ wrote:
What percentage of your posts AREN'T bitter sarcasm?
I wasn't being sarcastic. The way our defense played, we'd have needed a much better QB than we've had in a long while (maybe Beck his senior year?) to win that game. If you put this loss on our QB, you don't know football at all.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
jacksonman
BLUEshirt

Post by jacksonman »

Don't forget guys, CougarCorner is only for those who want to be positive after losing another big yet very winnable game. This is the Lord's University and any negative or constructive criticism would be un-Christlike. We should only be talking about the silver lining and the positives and the good.

But seriously, Bronco and Doman found a way to lose another very winnable big game. Just think if we would have won these three games we should have won, which would have included a top-10 team who really isn't your regular caliber of team found in the top 10.

Riley constantly missed open passes, throwing LOW to Apo EVERY time (including the interception, which can't be blamed on Riley, but not on Apo either, but a good throw would have been a completion instead of interception), he overthrew his RB or WR in the flat several times, he missed every deep ball he threw, and he kept taking hits to the upper body, which may have caused some of these bad throws. Sure the TE dropped several, but the the throws just weren't that good, and he should have had 3 or 4 interceptions. He is a bad decision maker and has a bad arm. Grit, decent legs, toughness, yes. Good BYU QB, NO!!

Defense played poorer than many of you expected but I stated earlier this week that Mannion and his WR would be the first set we faced all year who could actually make plays on offense. Then the back-up QB came in and was still the best QB we have faced all season. Bronco is an above average D-Coord but not that top-5 genius all the positive Peters make him out to be.

Three straight years of losing every big game worth anything and under-performing. Regardless of fault, we lost another big game we should have won, or had a great shot at winning, and ultimately, it has to come back to Bronco, the head coach. Time for him to make some changes!

And NO, I wasn't at this game with my wife with my imaginary wife on a last minute decision to attend. Actually listened to the first half on radio after driving back from killing myself at the Tough Mudder. But I am sure those of you who spend all your precious lives on this forum will find a way to put this down somehow!

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

And here's Jacksonman to prop up his strawman and tell lies about going to the game. Tell us how quiet the game was Jacksonman. Oh wait, wouldn't want you to get raped again...boo hoo! Life is so hard as a BYU fan, especially when you know nothing about football.

Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

Schmoe wrote:And here's Jacksonman to prop up his strawman and tell lies about going to the game. Tell us how quiet the game was Jacksonman. Oh wait, wouldn't want you to get raped again...boo hoo! Life is so hard as a BYU fan, especially when you know nothing about football.
Please, no more of this.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Mingjai wrote:
Schmoe wrote:And here's Jacksonman to prop up his strawman and tell lies about going to the game. Tell us how quiet the game was Jacksonman. Oh wait, wouldn't want you to get raped again...boo hoo! Life is so hard as a BYU fan, especially when you know nothing about football.
Please, no more of this.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Put Lark in and be done with it.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
cougman
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by cougman »

Schmoe wrote:
I wasn't being sarcastic. The way our defense played, we'd have needed a much better QB than we've had in a long while (maybe Beck his senior year?) to win that game. If you put this loss on our QB, you don't know football at all.
That's one of your best, lol!

Certainly RN isn't THE reason we lost the game, but he's a pretty big contributor. It's not just the turnovers, it's when and where. Red Zone, trying to rally, etc, over throwing a wide open Falslev that was an automatic 7 (er, 6). I would submit that if you blame Apo for the INT you don't know football at all.

Riley is what he is and BM is what he is. Average. It just so happens that that's cool with most of Cougar Nation.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

cougman wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
That's one of your best, lol!

Certainly RN isn't THE reason we lost the game, but he's a pretty big contributor. It's not just the turnovers, it's when and where. Red Zone, trying to rally, etc, over throwing a wide open Falslev that was an automatic 7 (er, 6). I would submit that if you blame Apo for the INT you don't know football at all.

Riley is what he is and BM is what he is. Average. It just so happens that that's cool with most of Cougar Nation.
If you're applying this word to Bronco, I'm pretty sure you don't know English.