OL Preview 2014

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

OL Preview 2014

Post by scott715 »

http://deepshadesofblue.com/2014-outloo ... of+Blue%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like the line will be much better next year.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: OL Preview 2014

Post by frdbtr »

scott715 wrote:http://deepshadesofblue.com/2014-outloo ... of+Blue%29

I haven't read the article yet but my first reaction is "it had better be". Last years line was sickeningly horrible.

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

Unfortunately the TFab deal is not going to work out. And neither will Mama most likely. I don't know a thing about the rest of the guys coming in so I guess we'll see in August.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

mizzoucoug wrote:Unfortunately the TFab deal is not going to work out. And neither will Mama most likely. I don't know a thing about the rest of the guys coming in so I guess we'll see in August.

Why won't the Tfab thing work out? He is already enrolled in school. Do you have some inside info?

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

They'll need to prove it. I won't believe until I see for myself.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BoiseBYU wrote:

They'll need to prove it. I won't believe until I see for myself.
I hear ya on this sentiment. Our Oline has sucked since 10 and seems to get worse every year.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

We got T Fab, Matthews, and Kearsley who all could get into the NFL. Then a lot of options to complete the line and then add the RMs coming back. TJ and Anae got time to plan the spring ball this time. The line has to be better and maybe much better.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

scott715 wrote:We got T Fab, Matthews, and Kearsley who all could get into the NFL. Then a lot of options to complete the line and then add the RMs coming back. TJ and Anae got time to plan the spring ball this time. The line has to be better and maybe much better.
I sure hope so! I just get tired of the same old cliched articles that come out now about how much better and improved this or that will be. I see them here about BSU too. It is the same old same old in my humble book. But here again is my hope that things WILL be better!

NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Post by NDCougar »

It has to improve, it cannot get much worse. If we can get some of these younger guys in the mix that would be great. My worry is they will take a while to gel together.

TH's growth will depend on the line. If he can stay upright and have sometime to throw the ball it could be great year, and if not........

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

frdbtr wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:Unfortunately the TFab deal is not going to work out. And neither will Mama most likely. I don't know a thing about the rest of the guys coming in so I guess we'll see in August.

Why won't the Tfab thing work out? He is already enrolled in school. Do you have some inside info?
The comments below the article had a claim that he did not get accepted into BYU for academic reasons. We all know that he did get accepted and attended BYU in the fall. That was pointed out by someone in those comments, but then someone else claimed that he was accepted to BYU but did not pull his grades up enough to be able to join the FB team.

Brett Richins then posted a comment saying he would check with his sources.

Grades for the semester came out during Christmas vacation. Perhaps TFab did not do well. Academics have been an issue for him in the past. Some claim he is lazy. He could have learning challenges. I trust that BYU would provide any help and accommodations possible.

Unfortunately, you can no longer repeat a class at BYU and have the original grade disappear - that was once a quick way to fix a GPA.

Not sure how real all of these claims are. T Fab will be a huge get for BYUbif he can practice in Spring and Summer and play in the Fall.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.