OL Preview 2014

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: OL Preview 2014

Post by Lawboy »

Takes a rare kid to BUST at BYU 2x over grades related issues.

stgeorgefan
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stgeorgefan »

T-Fab gone and Mama on a mission! 2 guys we hoped could see the field next year.

I will say this about Mama. The guy needs to drop a lot weight if he is going to play in a spread offense. This bodes well for Alabama and it's pro style offense. Also; the kids is going on a mission SOOOO lets hope he goes somewhere where he walks a lot and the food it low calorie ;)

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

When he gets back Tanner M will be QB. Maybe the offense will change.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Scholarship players possibly in jeopardy could be Josh Carter, Tim Duran, and Tui Crichton

Projected Depth Chart:
LT: Yeck/Lapuaho/Wilcox/Rawlinson/C.Kaufusi
LG: R.Mathews/Kafu/Crichton/Lawlor/Mulitalo
C: Fusi/Alletto/Duran/Koroma
RG: Kearsley/Kanuch/K.Johnson/Crawford/J.Carter
RT: Wesley/Black/Stringham/Jones/Doane

Read more at http://www.loyalcougars.com/2014/02/13/ ... pr7ms2i.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Won't Ryker Mathews move back to tackle now that he's another year removed from his hip surgeries and spinal issues?

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Mama will turn during his mission.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

He will play this year. We will see if he serves. If so when he returns, he would have to sit a year. Not sure he will come.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag ... d=12308704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From what I've heard is that Kanuch and Fusi have been a huge part with 2J in transforming the Oline into aggressors during Spring Ball. They've set the tone and the other OL have followed their lead. Fusi really didn't start practicing with the team last year until the season began. There were academic transfer issues. As all newbies have learned that it's one thing to learn and run the offense from your study of the playbook and another to run it while becoming exhausted in the GFGH offense. Fusi won the MVP award at USC camp and was recruited by the likes of Oklahoma, USC and others. People have been saying with a season under belt, off season workouts and being in the system that Fusi is not the Fusi of last year. Other players have raved about Fusi's night and day improvement. We'll see if that translates to the game field. I'll temper my expectations until then.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Looks like the Kearsly rumors were true regarding academics. It is a shame that he basically missed spring ball.

we also just lost Jordan Black for good. In my mind that is a big loss. he was a highly recruited lineman that could have been really good.

i really hope that kearsely and mathews get their crap together and come in shape, in good academic standing, and ready to play come fall. i would love to see a starting line up established going into fall rather than going into game 5 of the season. ]

i would like to see mathews at left tack, kearsely at left guard, fusi at center, kanuch at right guard and wesley at left tackle. I hope that wesley has improved.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

jonnylingo wrote:Looks like the Kearsly rumors were true regarding academics. It is a shame that he basically missed spring ball.

we also just lost Jordan Black for good. In my mind that is a big loss. he was a highly recruited lineman that could have been really good.

i really hope that kearsely and mathews get their crap together and come in shape, in good academic standing, and ready to play come fall. i would love to see a starting line up established going into fall rather than going into game 5 of the season. ]

i would like to see mathews at left tack, kearsely at left guard, fusi at center, kanuch at right guard and wesley at left tackle. I hope that wesley has improved.
What happened to Jordan Black?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.