Harvey Langi Transfer

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Harvey Langi Transfer

Post by scott715 »

Doug Kimmel From Harvey Langi's Mom: "Harvey will be going to BYU this fall. He will be attending practice at BYU a week from today." Drama over? ? ?

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

I have no inside info, but would venture to make a guess. I would bet that Harvey wanted BYU for cultural reasons, and still does, but tripped to Stanford at request of his mom, who is on record saying she was a ute, but if Harvey really wanted out of the U, that she preferred any place other than BYU, and suggested Stanford. She probably made a deal with Harvey to support him at BYU, but reluctantly, and only if he checked out Stanford first.

Welcome aboard, Harvey.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I read that Bronco told Harvey to make darn sure that BYU was where he wanted to be, and so he looked at some other options and decided it was BYU. Don't think there was every any real question, since he's been enrolled at BYU for awhile now.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Saga is not over yet.

It was reported that his Mom said he was going to BYU and would be starting practice in a week.

Jay Drew tried to call her to confirm. No answer. So he texted her. She said it is not true and that Harvey will decide on Thursday when he gets back from Cali. Drew asked if he could talk to Harvey to clear things up. She said no. He will not be speaking to the media because he has been very hurt by things that transpired after the Vai S article.

BYU declined comment, even though his name does show on a student list, stating that Privacy Laws do not allow them to even confirm a student has applied until they actually attend a class at BYU. This would seem to indicate that he has not attended any classes yet.

It seems to confirm that he was in Cali until yesterday or today, and fuels Stanford and USC rumors. BYU also said they cannot comment about a recruit able athlete which further seems to confirm that this is not all sewn up quite yet.

U sure seems out of the picture, however.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

How could he have been hurt by BYU fans after the Vai article? Everything I read about the transfer was positive from the BYU side of things.

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

If he's been hurt, it was likely from all the :utard: ilk ridiculing him, and saying such vile and cruel things about him. If anything. :utard: effectively burned their bridge with Harvey. Every BYU fan out there would love to see him play for us.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

frdbtr wrote:How could he have been hurt by BYU fans after the Vai article? Everything I read about the transfer was positive from the BYU side of things.
She did not say the hurt came from BYU fans. I would imagine some hurt could come from former coaches and teammates and who knows where else.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our (and Harvey's) lives. All joking aside, I just smile when I read about this saga. Come to BYU young man!

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Recent tweet says Harvey is back in Utah and already has his nice new BYU football jersey ready for practice.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Mars wrote:
Recent tweet says Harvey is back in Utah and already has his nice new BYU football jersey ready for practice.
When does practice start? Must be pretty soon.