Phil Steele 2014 Blog

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Phil Steele 2014 Blog

Post by Cougarbib »

Gunk wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:Yes, but how many fans will travel to Miami? 25% of the fans that would have traveled to Vegas? LV Bowl was far better for the team bc of large fan turnout.
West Coast is best!

Traveling to Miami would be an expensive proposition for most BYU fans. Will be curious to see what the turnout is like.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
The West Coast Had The Sunshine And The Girls All Get So Tan........

I Couldn't Wait To Get Back To The States - Back To The Cutest Girls In The World.....

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls........

Beach Boys 1964 or so........Still True even though liberal politics have nearly bankrupted the state.......

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Post by NDCougar »

Gunk wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:Yes, but how many fans will travel to Miami? 25% of the fans that would have traveled to Vegas? LV Bowl was far better for the team bc of large fan turnout.
West Coast is best!

Traveling to Miami would be an expensive proposition for most BYU fans. Will be curious to see what the turnout is like.

I think BYU could get a great turnout for a legit bowl game at a better time. This is not the Orange Bowl, so I see very few folks getting their family together for a game a few days prior to Christmas and traveling to Miami (my guess is there aren't many LDS fams that would drive to Miami when compared to LV).

Had this been post Christmas and was a top tier game I don't think BYU would have issues. Depending who BYU plays, this could have a lot of empty seats.

My only other complaint is I HATE football games in baseball stadiums......it is not the same feeling.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

NDCougar wrote:
Gunk wrote:
West Coast is best!

I think BYU could get a great turnout for a legit bowl game at a better time. This is not the Orange Bowl, so I see very few folks getting their family together for a game a few days prior to Christmas and traveling to Miami (my guess is there aren't many LDS fams that would drive to Miami when compared to LV).

Had this been post Christmas and was a top tier game I don't think BYU would have issues. Depending who BYU plays, this could have a lot of empty seats.

My only other complaint is I HATE football games in baseball stadiums......it is not the same feeling.
Especially when they watch it comfortably from their couach for a fraction of the cost. Could pay for an entire year's worth of cable for the cost to fly to Miami during Christmas break, stay at a hotel for a night or two, tickets and food.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel