QBs Who Have a New No. 1 WR Target in 2014

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Post by scott715 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't agree with that.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: QBs Who Have a New No. 1 WR Target in 2014

Post by Cougarbib »

scott715 wrote:

I can't agree with that.
Do you agree with any of it?

Hill will have a new #1.
Matthews when healthy probably was the next best receiver of the nearly zero returning
Passing productivity in the Blue Zone did tail off after he was injured - that is a fact - the author may have implied but did not state that this was the sole reason. Obviously, SOS was a factor.
Leslie is the only other proven D1 receiver unless you think Apollo has proven anything
yes - we have 3 transfers and a speedy WR turned DB turned WR who may step up and surprise, but it is certainly not clear which one will and there are not enough reps for all of them to do so.

I assume you agree that there will be a new #1 - undeniable fact. Who do you think it will be. Pick 1.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

WR's are a big question mark no matter how you look at it. W/O Hoffman the only other known quantities are Apo and Matthews. "Soft" is the best way to describe the former and "broken" the latter.

We all have high hopes for Kurtz and Leslie, and then also for Dye, Blackmon, and Davis. On paper a lot of things look good, but can these guys catch? Are they afraid to get hit? How is their route running? Separation? Is one of them a Watkins? I hope there are some diamonds in there, but we just don't know. I wish I could make it to a practice to find out.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Too many unknowns still. Leslie is the best bet at this point. He's proven and experienced. Holiday knows him well too.

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was surprised by what he saw) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.

Its the year of the Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed)
Last edited by Stirfry on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Stirfry wrote:It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was ) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.

Is it just me or does BYU have poor team surgeons? It always seems like our guys are constantly needing additional sugery for the same injuries.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Stirfry wrote:It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was ) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.

Is it just me or does BYU have poor team surgeons? It always seems like our guys are constantly needing additional sugery for the same injuries.
It's not just you. I'm good friends with someone you worked with one of the "other surgeons" who worked on some of the higher profile athletes and they claimed there was a big rift with Bronco and the team docs concerning their ability. However, I'm sure there was some bias as it was basically a Ford guy talking about a Chevy truck.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Stirfry wrote:It will be Apo (and yes I'm about to get slammed) He finally got his shoulder fixed (by a different surgeon that I was told was surprised by what he saw) and he knows the offense. The guy has been hurt the last two years which to me makes him broken and not soft. Now he's fixed and has a QB that can throw the ball which he didn't have after Heaps was benched. He was great with Heaps and then he's either had Reilly throwing to him or he's been injured.

Injured Finger. 2010.
Looked great with Heaps until Heaps twice hung him out to dry over the middle - concussions 2011
2012 - Shoulder - dogging it on routes
2013 - Shoulder - dogging routes - drops
2014 - We will see

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.