OL Changes

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

OL Changes

Post by mizzoucoug »

According to Wrubell...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=312074 ... gar-day-16

Lapuaho and Wesley are the tackles--which is awesome. I've been secretly hoping all pre-season that Ului would be as good as advertised.

Then there's Mr. Pancake, Koroma who is listed as the starting center. Another wow. I love the changes and seriously hope this works. That's 2 freshman and possibly another one (Kanuch) who gets the starting nod. Crazy but awesome.

Wrubell's top OL list:

Ului Lapuaho

Kyle Johnson

Tejan Koroma

Brayden Kearsley

DeOndre Wesley

Terrance Alletto

Brock Stringham

Tuni Kanuch

Brad Wilcox

Edward Fusi

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: OL Changes

Post by Brayden Green »

Wesley wasn't awesome at the tackle last year, hopefully he learned how to move his feet and put his arms out to at least make the guy in front of him go around him.

I hope it works out, but the fact that you don't have a starting lineup playing consistently together a week and a half before your opening game worries me. The upside is that the line can't get much worse than it has been the last 3 seasons.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I am trying to remain objective and patient with the Oline. And I really haven't bought the pundits take on top Oline. But I am telling you, I am loving what looks like might be developing as a lot of Kick butt attitude and strength. I love watching Ului. When is the last time we had an Olineman that looked like one and acted like one--besides one big block by Matt R without his helmet. And Koroma?? That dude is a man-child beast! He has some guns and some serious kick butt attitude. I really like Koroma, Ului and Wesley. I'm sure Johnson is very solid and hopefully Tuni ivied up to hype. I this Oline lives up to even they limited hype and if THill can be 60+%, with his running; and if our receivers can truly stretch, speed and YAC, along with JW, this season could be special. I know the scrimmage looked almost sketchy on O, but could shape up very nicely.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

I think the OL will be an upgrade over last year, but they are still a work in progress. I give them another year before we see them performing at levels of past dominant OLs.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Yeah it's exciting for the future, but we all want to win now while we have a player like Taysom. Hopefully the line is ready.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Missing Ryker Matthews, Michael Yeck, and Jordan Black.... all were big gets and all had solid potential... wonder where they are in the long term

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I don't usually predict but I have a feeling this line will be a top 20 line.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

craigoscarson wrote:Missing Ryker Matthews, Michael Yeck, and Jordan Black.... all were big gets and all had solid potential... wonder where they are in the long term
Ryker is a tough one, because of his hip injuries. He does not have a bright future. He has amazing attitude and what was a great body. I don't know about the other two, but they seemed like they are washed up, remnants of the past soft and undisciplined Oline coach.
Some pundits predicted a top 20 line, and they may actually turned out to be right. Even if they're guess was based on number of games played by the entire squad, as a predictor of success. I love the prospects of this years line. Once they start playing together and getting team chemistry, I think we are going to see big things.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Once again, Bronco shows that he has no problem playing young players - as long as they can show they are assignment sound.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

craigoscarson wrote:Missing Ryker Matthews, Michael Yeck, and Jordan Black.... all were big gets and all had solid potential... wonder where they are in the long term
Yeck has a broken toe I heard and that has held him back. I think he can really help the team when he heals.