Miami Picks Freshman as Starter

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Miami Picks Freshman as Starter

Post by Cougarbib »

This was a bit of a surprise given earlier comments by the coach. Must have looked better in live scrimmage.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Wolverine
Senior

Re: Miami Picks Freshman as Starter

Post by Wolverine »

Meh......move it to Hurricane Corner. That ship has long since sailed. Can't wait til Friday night. Go Cougars!

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

I was excited to see Louisville play him. My best friend's son is a grad assistant coach there and also played against Jake and Riley back in the QB2 days.

I would bet that Louisville would have blitzed and blitzed and blitzed.

I have been impressed with how Jake has handled media interviews and leadership at Miami. I had hoped he would rise up a bit as a 5th year senior. Not enough to beat Louisville - but right after that game.

The season is not over. Who knows what will happen with a true freshman.

Jake was held out of the last scrimmage to "rest his arm." Given this announcement, he was probably held out to give the freshman starter reps and one last look before Miami announced the decision.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I'm not worried about Jake. He's going to leave college with a graduate degree and no student loan debt. that's pretty awesome.

He may be the poster child for not paying recruits/players. #1 QB in the nation would be getting some nice money to come to an institution, and then 3 schools later, doesn't pan out.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

stuckinbig10country wrote:I'm not worried about Jake. He's going to leave college with a graduate degree and no student loan debt. that's pretty awesome.

He may be the poster child for not paying recruits/players. #1 QB in the nation would be getting some nice money to come to an institution, and then 3 schools later, doesn't pan out.
BS Degree from KU with a Masters Degree from University of Miami also having studied at BYU is not a bad Pedigree at all - especially if majors and emphasis were thoughtfully chosen.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image