Is Anae The Guy?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Is Anae The Guy?

Yes
70%
No
11%
Jury is still out?
20%

Total votes: 46

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Is Anae The Guy?

Post by Cougarbib »

I think a better question is whether Nick Howell is the guy. Three game downward spiral.

BTW, Hill audibled into that play, which is fine, but then the correct read was to give it to Williams, but Hill kept it. You might also note that Hill had receivers open and kept overthrowing them.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Neither Anae or Hill are the guys.

There was no offense. There was Taysom Hill. Hill's legs made it look like there was an offense. We'll see how good of an OC Anae is next week. If he is legit, he will come up with game plan his new QB can handle.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

Anyone feel like changing their vote now?

We have lost 2 straight to teams that might not make a bowl game, and are currently down in the 4th to Nevada (also know as that ream that lost to Colorado Stare and is in the bottom of the MWC).

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:Anyone feel like changing their vote now?

We have lost 2 straight to teams that might not make a bowl game, and are currently down in the 4th to Nevada (also know as that ream that lost to Colorado Stare and is in the bottom of the MWC).

35 Points is supposed to win games like this. Giving up 42 points, on the other hand almost always loses games.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Change that to 3 straight losses. The third coming to a team that had a passing defense 5 spots lower than us (literally one of the worst defenses in the nation).

Zero points in the second half, and 29 unanswered points. It's getting really bad out there.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:Change that to 3 straight losses. The third coming to a team that had a passing defense 5 spots lower than us (literally one of the worst defenses in the nation).

Zero points in the second half, and 29 unanswered points. It's getting really bad out there.
Learn to count bitter. That 2nd half touchdown counted for 7 points. I am pretty sure Anae did not call those 3 fumbles. He did not call the missed field goal. You might want to watch BYU TV or listen to KSL right now and see what the experts think.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

So Bib, you know that I don't click on your posts to read what you have to say, but I am wondering what is your vote now? Is it a yes, a no, or a jury is still out? You thought this was such a slam dunk, but I would imagine that if we re-polled all of those people that voted (most have stopped posting 2 losses ago) we would have different results.

Your vote? Put your name on it. Mine is no. It has been since about 2010 (the last time he was let go).

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Bib appears to be all over the threads, but he isn't answering what his vote was on here. Is he shy? Are you that unconvinced of your vote that you won't share?

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Hey. ANAE showed he can bring back a pass attack and not just go conservative. I really wonder what happened in the second half and whether ANAE in fact went back to read option, but the O stalled. I think it was more a lack of intensity on the whole team. Have to put your foot in their neck and stomp. I don't know how 3 very costly TOs can be so easily discounted. The D has compensated for the O so many times. And when they needed some help, the O coughed it up. It was a team loss. Not on ANAE this time. He even used the TE for crying out loud.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:Bib appears to be all over the threads, but he isn't answering what his vote was on here. Is he shy? Are you that unconvinced of your vote that you won't share?
Not shy at all. Must have had you on true ignore. Actually, I somehow missed this question. But, given time, here I am.

You may recall that there was a great pissing match in Heaven or at the beginning of this thread about what the question asked by this poll means. It was clarified. This poll is not asking whether Anae is the guy, to lead BYU to a national championship. It would take a confluence of a great offense, great defense, and great ST, along with a weak schedule and a little luck with elite teams losing and BYU staying healthy and surviving a few close calls for BYU to win a NC no matter who is coaching BYU. Just like it did in 1984.

This poll asks if Anae is the best realistically available option to lead this offense at this time. I voted yes. I have not changed my vote. It is still yes. And, of course, I will continue to objectively re-evaluate all coaches based on results.

We had a good confluence of those things going this year, but a blind man could see that inexperience would bite the defense in thus rebuilding year and that ST would also be in rebuild mode. The offense masked those short comings until the offense lost Hill, Williams, Kurtz, Algie, Hine, some linemen, and had several others nicked and playing hurt right as the defense also took some heavy losses. Anae retooled the offense masterfully - but the 5th string RD is not as good as Williams and Stewart is not as good as Hill and inexperience abounds.

Now, here is the question you have been ducking since you were in diapers - if Anae is not the guy - who is. Cough up a name or shut up.