Mark may

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Mark may

Post by Jarhead »

Mark May's dislike for BYU goes at least as far back as when BYU beat Washington by blocking that long extra point try. He talked about how unfair that celebration call was which made it a long extra point try on multiple occasions that year.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Hes not an idit, but he is very bias and unlikable.
And, at some level, he ought to doubt BYU, just like all of us should. BYI not only shows a continuation of discipline problems and lack of focus, they cant handle success, yet. They should have destroyed UH and got soft and lazy--of their own admission once they got an early lead.
But even if BYU had blown oit UH, May would still say that. Hes a hater.

golong
Freshman

Post by golong »

Aside from Mark May; Houston was (is) a very good football team. Yes, maybe we should have beaten them by three or four touchdowns, but Okorn did not throw an interception, H did not fumble, and they took three away from us. I don't believe BYU got lazy. There were a lot of other very good football teams on Saturday that didn't look so good...or lost to lesser teams. Every football team has talent, they all have some very good football players. Give Houston some credit, and give BYU even more credit for defeating a pretty good team, and for having a pretty good defense. BYU will put together some perfect games this year and destroy whoever they are playing, other games they won't be perfect and will still win the games.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

I personally think Mark May has some sour grapes with BYU. I think in 84, he and the rest of Pitt nation thought they were going to win the NC but then here comes little old byu and ruines Pitts season and winning the NC. I think that and contempt for the non P5 schools will have him giving every excuse why BYU should never be included in a playoff senario. I put him with David Pollack. They will always harp on athletisism, speed, depth, etc. Even if BYU puts a thumping on VA this week they will both dismiss it as the altitude, the thinness of the air, the travel, injuries etc.

I'm just glad that we do have Corso and Coach Holtz on our side. They seem to have a great deal of respect for BYU. I respect their opinions much more. They always account teams based on individual players and coaches and not on the spin of speed, depth, etc.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

golong wrote:Aside from Mark May; Houston was (is) a very good football team. Yes, maybe we should have beaten them by three or four touchdowns, but Okorn did not throw an interception, H did not fumble, and they took three away from us. I don't believe BYU got lazy. There were a lot of other very good football teams on Saturday that didn't look so good...or lost to lesser teams. Every football team has talent, they all have some very good football players. Give Houston some credit, and give BYU even more credit for defeating a pretty good team, and for having a pretty good defense. BYU will put together some perfect games this year and destroy whoever they are playing, other games they won't be perfect and will still win the games.
Not bad points, except no less than two players indicated in interviews that they slacked off.
The Oline totally looked like they slacked off. Easy to do up 23-0 in the first qtr, but they have got to be disciplined and realize that except for Savanah and maybe MTSU, every one of these teams can make it a game, especially if BYU gifts them two touchdowns going into half.
I didnt know Mark may was on that Pitt team or part of pitt nation. Oh well, herbstreet hasnt been much help either. But if BYU keeps winning, may will have to concede at least to public opinion or his bias will become more and more exposed.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Mark May went to Pitt. Won the Outland Trophy in 1980 and was a 1st Round pick in the 1981 draft.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

SpiffCoug wrote:Mark May went to Pitt. Won the Outland Trophy in 1980 and was a 1st Round pick in the 1981 draft.
And got arrested, and tried to incite a riot...

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,