Game Day at LES and attendance...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Game Day at LES and attendance...

Post by a1247 »

ABYUFAN wrote:
a1247 wrote:And dont kid yourself if there stadium held another 10-15 thousand seats those too would be sold out. You would have to go down and see how many fans are tailgating then sitting in the parking lot watching the game on tv because they dont have tickets. Its happening dont think its not!
If they are really turning away 15,000 people a game, why have they not expanded their stadium? That's $2.2 millon in revenue for a football season at $25 a ticket. If they are really turning away that many people for every home game, they should fire their entire math department.
I never said there were 15,000 in the parking lot im saying from what I see and hear from friends I think they could sell the extra 10,000-15,000 sets and there are people sitting outside the stadium without tix but certainly not 15,000. :skeptic:
But non of that matters the discussion is why isnt byu selling out I was just using utah as a point of reference.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Utah only has 15,000 additional willing attendees if you count the unborn children residing in the players' baby-mommas' wombs.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

BYU needs to drop the price of single game tickets if they want to sell out the place. Simple as that.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

hypercoug wrote:
on the couch with pizza and beer.
So glad to know im not alone :evil:

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

What hyper coug says about the comforts of home is true even if you only get root beer with your Hawaiian pizza, but this is true of all sports including professional sports - baseball, basketball, hockey, football, tennis, soccer, auto racing, women's gymnastics if you are a U fan.

And yet - for big time teams, fans drive through ridiculous traffic after possibly even flying and booking a hotel. Pay to park, stand in line for tickets or to get frisked or just to buy an overpriced hot dog and drink, bake in the sun or freeze. Take an hour to get out of the parking lot to then fight traffic and try to get home.

Oh, and in the middle somewhere sit for 4 hours on a bench or hard seat or cough up more money for a cushion and watch the game.

Why? Who knows. Support the team. Make noise to affect the outcome. Be able to say you were there. Status symbol. Or just the interest of being in and observing and feeling the reaction of the crowd.

I just drove 10 hours to Utah. Hung around 10 days to avoid doing that twice. Endured the game day issues twice - Houston and Virginia. Baked my brains out Saturday and got to bed really late the prior Thursday. Just drove 10 hours home. Still have not had a chance to watch either replay or After Further Review. Been called a yapping Chihuahua. I cannot explain why I did not stay home and watch it on my big 80 incher I just bought a few weeks ago. I cannot explain it. If I figure it out quickly, I can avoid repeating this in two weeks.

maybe the UVA fan comment about thin air and mental illness.

IJDK.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Cougarbib wrote:What hyper coug says about the comforts of home is true even if you only get root beer with your Hawaiian pizza, but this is true of all sports including professional sports - baseball, basketball, hockey, football, tennis, soccer, auto racing, women's gymnastics if you are a U fan.

And yet - for big time teams, fans drive through ridiculous traffic after possibly even flying and booking a hotel. Pay to park, stand in line for tickets or to get frisked or just to buy an overpriced hot dog and drink, bake in the sun or freeze. Take an hour to get out of the parking lot to then fight traffic and try to get home.

Oh, and in the middle somewhere sit for 4 hours on a bench or hard seat or cough up more money for a cushion and watch the game.

Why? Who knows. Support the team. Make noise to affect the outcome. Be able to say you were there. Status symbol. Or just the interest of being in and observing and feeling the reaction of the crowd.

I just drove 10 hours to Utah. Hung around 10 days to avoid doing that twice. Endured the game day issues twice - Houston and Virginia. Baked my brains out Saturday and got to bed really late the prior Thursday. Just drove 10 hours home. Still have not had a chance to watch either replay or After Further Review. Been called a yapping Chihuahua. I cannot explain why I did not stay home and watch it on my big 80 incher I just bought a few weeks ago. I cannot explain it. If I figure it out quickly, I can avoid repeating this in two weeks.

maybe the UVA fan comment about thin air and mental illness.

IJDK.

Cause it's fun. :)

Sitting on my couch and fast forwarding through the commercials and slow parts of the game is so nice. It's great.

But being at the game, yelling is a different kind of fun.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BYULV »

Just checked the Utah ticket site and there are quite a few seats left to buy for all upcoming home games, $45-$75. Byu still has some tix left, but unfortunately they just raised their prices for the USU game, the cheap seats in the top of the end zone went from $25 to $40. The top rows on the sidelines went from $30 to $65. I don't think I've ever seen them change the price of tix like that before. If they're trying to keep up with scalpels, they're pushing me to the scalper market instead. I was planning to take my family to the USU game, but I'm not going to pay $65 for top row tix.

runbyu1
Sophomore

Post by runbyu1 »

Interestingly enough, I was just listening to the radio and the talking heads were talking about empty seats at both the BYU games and Utah games this year. They were talking about Utah having too big of a stadium for where their program is at right now. I was under the impression that Utah was selling out, but the announcers had been to the Utah games and were adamant that there were tons of empty seats.

They then were shaking their heads about BYU not selling out and talking about what a big game Virginia was and how they couldn't figure out how BYU couldn't sell out on a BEAUTIFUL saturday afternoon. I think being in the press box, they didn't understand how blistering hot it was! I was pouring water all over myself all game. Unfortunately for my wife, she was wearing white shirt and didn't feel like doing the same for herself would be appropriate :bug:

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Gunk wrote:BYU needs to drop the price of single game tickets if they want to sell out the place. Simple as that.
They were selling for $10.00 Vs Houston. Did not help.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

My BIL, is trying to get me to add the BSU game into an already busy fall travel schedule. His sister, aka, my wife, is not a sports fan, and loves to hang with her brother, but is having no part in travelling to Boise to hang with him for a FB game. So, I probably will not do it. My radical BYU fan son, newlywed, new job, cannot go. My BYU student son just started a job in Provo. Barely interested in football. I probably will not go.

Tickets are available. My unemployed BIL paid $65 for his, and I would guess that he searched long and hard for a bargain before buying those from BSU ticket office.