#midmagor Meltdown

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

#midmagor Meltdown

Post by craigoscarson »

https://twitter.com/hashtag/midmagor?src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ute-R-Us @Ute_R_Us · 14h
At the end the day, things could be worse. At least we are in a P5 conference unlike the #midmagor down south. #UteProud #utah #WSUvsUTAH

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

runbyu1
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: #midmagor Meltdown

Post by runbyu1 »

Wow. Talk about delusional. Ha ha ha ha.

I for one actually think we have better chances being Independent than in a P5 conference. They all just canibalize each other...every team has an off day 1 or 2 weeks a season.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

runbyu1 wrote:Wow. Talk about delusional. Ha ha ha ha.

I for one actually think we have better chances being Independent than in a P5 conference. They all just canibalize each other...every team has an off day 1 or 2 weeks a season.
Recruiting the way we could requires a p5 conference membership. I think it's just a matter of time with the Big 12.
Big 12 membership would do to Utah... what A+M SEC membership has done to Texas and what Missouri SEC membership has done to Kansas, Kansas State, Illinois and to a lesser degree Nebraska.

We would have every top notch LDS athlete that could live the honor code and a much better shot at filling our skilled needs year in and year out.. not just once or twice a decade

We still wouldn't win the conference too often, but it would be a nail in the coffin for Utah
Last edited by craigoscarson on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

This was probably my favorite reply: Upon graduation, U of U grads become part of the power 5: McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Jr, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I would have thought given Utah's P5 status and their exceptional SOS that last night's game would have been a victory. Who knew there were more important things to a teams success than those two. I guess things like the ability to get in the red zone and sustain drives and convert on 3rd down really do matter.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Gotta be a fake. There are a lot of dumb Utes out there, but this one just doesn't look legit to me.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

mizzoucoug wrote:Gotta be a fake. There are a lot of dumb Utes out there, but this one just doesn't look legit to me.
I don't think so, he was trash talking while they were winning.. he couldn't possibly know what was next.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

What amazes me is the volume of fans of both sides that still worry so much about each other. I went to CougarBoard and more than half the Top 10 are Puketah related. Some could think that's part of the rivalry, but it's actually the part I don't enjoy because it's part of the hatred issue that makes this rivalry ugly.

Sadly though I understand it. Nothing brought more of a smile to my face then seeing Puketah lose at home after being up 24-0, but I'm trying to be more civil because I don't like that side of the rivalry--just my personal thought.

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

mizzoucoug wrote:Gotta be a fake. There are a lot of dumb Utes out there, but this one just doesn't look legit to me.
What does a legit ewet look like?

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

EM_Puma wrote:What amazes me is the volume of fans of both sides that still worry so much about each other. I went to CougarBoard and more than half the Top 10 are Puketah related. Some could think that's part of the rivalry, but it's actually the part I don't enjoy because it's part of the hatred issue that makes this rivalry ugly.

Sadly though I understand it. Nothing brought more of a smile to my face then seeing Puketah lose at home after being up 24-0, but I'm trying to be more civil because I don't like that side of the rivalry--just my personal thought.
I liked it in the 80s and early 90s when they were our whipping boys... I was a lot more cordial then. Now, I have a hard time finding something I dislike more. Maybe the "affordable care act" and the Bozo that implemented it, ISIS, and onions.