#midmagor Meltdown

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: #midmagor Meltdown

Post by mizzoucoug »

EM_Puma wrote:What amazes me is the volume of fans of both sides that still worry so much about each other. I went to CougarBoard and more than half the Top 10 are Puketah related. Some could think that's part of the rivalry, but it's actually the part I don't enjoy because it's part of the hatred issue that makes this rivalry ugly.

Sadly though I understand it. Nothing brought more of a smile to my face then seeing Puketah lose at home after being up 24-0, but I'm trying to be more civil because I don't like that side of the rivalry--just my personal thought.

Yeah I get it. I've spent enough time in Utah to know the why and how of Ute fandom. It has almost everything to do with the church and what type of perception you want others to have of you. I feel bad for the Utahns (kinda).
Last edited by mizzoucoug on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

I think about of Utah posts has more to do with BYU having a bye week and the Utes totally choking away a win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

craigoscarson wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:I have a hard time finding something I dislike more. Maybe the "affordable care act" and the Bozo that implemented it, ISIS, and onions.
Oh Craig, now you've risen in the ranks! I hardly ever find anyone that dislikes onions. Deplore them and it seems like the world is onion-centered as though everyone should love them.

:)

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

craigoscarson wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:What amazes me is the volume of fans of both sides that still worry so much about each other. I went to CougarBoard and more than half the Top 10 are Puketah related. Some could think that's part of the rivalry, but it's actually the part I don't enjoy because it's part of the hatred issue that makes this rivalry ugly.

Sadly though I understand it. Nothing brought more of a smile to my face then seeing Puketah lose at home after being up 24-0, but I'm trying to be more civil because I don't like that side of the rivalry--just my personal thought.
I liked it in the 80s and early 90s when they were our whipping boys... I was a lot more cordial then. Now, I have a hard time finding something I dislike more. Maybe the "affordable care act" and the Bozo that implemented it, ISIS, and onions.
Hey I voted +1 because of onions. We have to stick together on this important issue. I agree with the other 3 too.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

EM_Puma wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:I have a hard time finding something I dislike more. Maybe the "affordable care act" and the Bozo that implemented it, ISIS, and onions.
Oh Craig, now you've risen in the ranks! I hardly ever find anyone that dislikes onions. Deplore them and it seems like the world is onion-centered as though everyone should love them.

Ditto. I can eat them cooked but why people put raw ones in an otherwise perfectly good potato salad or coleslaw borders on rude. I've heard the arguments of the "sweet" ones. That's like saying a skunk doesn't stink. I guess this belongs in the lounge but onions belong back in the ground.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

I agree with my friend mizzou. No one puts a picture of K-whit sticking his hands up a players butt on their twitter account and states "Utah fan for life till i die!!!"

gotta be a fake.

NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Post by NDCougar »

BroncoBot wrote:I agree with my friend mizzou. No one puts a picture of K-whit sticking his hands up a players butt on their twitter account and states "Utah fan for life till i die!!!"

gotta be a fake.
110% fake! I saw one years ago that someone did of a BYU fan that was 110% fake, hitting all the stereotypes of BYU fans. Someone is doing this to get a kick from both Utah and BYU fans.

The best pic he had "A Tradition From 2004-2008".

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

nuk13 wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:

Ditto. I can eat them cooked but why people put raw ones in an otherwise perfectly good potato salad or coleslaw borders on rude. I've heard the arguments of the "sweet" ones. That's like saying a skunk doesn't stink. I guess this belongs in the lounge but onions belong back in the ground.
Fried onions on a Five Guys' burger are way awesome.

Deep fried onion rings are way awesomer.

Raw onions....I wouldn't feed those to anybody, even my worstest enemy. That's plain cruel. Of course I'd feed them to Schmoe any time. :whistle: :whistle:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I love raw onions.

Gunk
Over-Achiever