BYU vs USF

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU vs USF

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYU is scheduling a Home-and-Home with USF (South Florida).

Game 1 is at USF in 2012.
Game 2 is in Provo in 2022.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... api_public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Re: BYU vs USF

Post by NDCougar »

I think you meant 2021 vs 2012. Better than UMass!!!!

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

I was wondering when we'd get around to playing USF in football.

Once again Texas gets a 2fr--this time USF. It is hard though to turn down Texas coming to your home even if you have to pay a bit more.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

EM_Puma wrote:I was wondering when we'd get around to playing USF in football.

Once again Texas gets a 2fr--this time USF. It is hard though to turn down Texas coming to your home even if you have to pay a bit more.
At least Texas shows up.......wait, dome would say Texas did not show up for any of the 3 games. But won the first one by accident.

Ironic that my phone changed "some" to "dome" right as I was poking at the Golden Domers for not showing up yet. Imagine if we had ND in Provo instead of Savanah State this season.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Post by NDCougar »

Cougarbib wrote:

At least Texas shows up.......wait, dome would say Texas did not show up for any of the 3 games. But won the first one by accident.

Ironic that my phone changed "some" to "dome" right as I was poking at the Golden Domers for not showing up yet. Imagine if we had ND in Provo instead of Savanah State this season.
That would help the SoS and give BYU a "marquee" win. My guess is BYU will get ND at some point, unless both are forced into a conference. BYU is being abnormally flexible with ND as they know ND would just execute their "out" and pay up. Everything I have heard from ND is they plan to play the game, but we have been adding games with A&M and OSU the past few weeks in the 2020's, so it will be a while.

Maybe ND and BYU play at a NYD bowl (non-CFP) this year. No way they both make it, my money says neither make it.

Screamineagle
Freshman

Post by Screamineagle »

NDCougar wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:

That would help the SoS and give BYU a "marquee" win. My guess is BYU will get ND at some point, unless both are forced into a conference. BYU is being abnormally flexible with ND as they know ND would just execute their "out" and pay up. Everything I have heard from ND is they plan to play the game, but we have been adding games with A&M and OSU the past few weeks in the 2020's, so it will be a while.

Maybe ND and BYU play at a NYD bowl (non-CFP) this year. No way they both make it, my money says neither make it.
That would be an interesting game if it were to workout.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Another thing about this announcement that I didn't catch in the first reading was that the game in Tampa is at Raymond James Stadium--home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. So add a 4th NFL stadium to the slate of future games.
  • 2016 - Arizona - University of Phoenix Stadium - Phoenix Cardinals
    2016 - West Virginia - FedEx Field - Washington Redskins
    2018 - UMass - Gillette Stadium - New England Patriots
    2019 - UMass - Gillette Stadium - New England Patriots
    2021 - USF - Raymond James Stadium - Tampa Bay Buccaneers