BYU at Missouri 2015

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU at Missouri 2015

Post by Cougarbib »

scott715 wrote:Well we want to be in a P5 conference. This is a P5 schedule.
It is a p5 schedule. Probably an average one at best, actually. P5, though, usually more balanced between home and away. Will not be anywhere near #1SOS in country, though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Yzzazz
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Yzzazz »

Cougarbib wrote:
scott715 wrote:Well we want to be in a P5 conference. This is a P5 schedule.
It is a p5 schedule. Probably an average one at best, actually. P5, though, usually more balanced between home and away. Will not be anywhere near #1SOS in country, though.
Strong enough to quite the naysayers, especially if Mizzou is added, about the validity of a playoff spot;

IF Taysom returns, and IF he stays uninjured, and IF BYU's defense is more awesome, and IF BYU wins out, and IF...

Like the dumb dude says, with this schedule WE'RE SAYIN' WE GOT A CHANCE!

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

How did I miss this tidbit? :bug:

Love the look of the schedule. Even if the team doesn't put together 10 win seasons on a tougher schedule, I love that we are basically playing a P5 schedule. It will be one less thing to knock BYU about.

With 12 games already announced for 2015 (13 if you still count Southern Miss which will probably be moved out), one game must move to make room for Missouri. Since it is believed to be a neutral site game in an NFL stadium, it follows to say that it would be a road game that would need to make way for this one to come in.

Here is the first part of the BYU 2015 schedule that really can't move:
Sep 5 @ Nebraska - The Big 10 schedule is already released and this game is in it.
Sep 12 Boise State - Home game so unlikely to move.
Sep 19 @ UCLA - The Pac 12 schedule is already released and this game is in it.
Sep 26 @ Michigan - The Big 10 schedule is already released and this game is in it.

The next 4 game block is also unlikely to move:
Oct 2 UCONN - Home game.
Oct 10 East Carolina - Home game.
Oct 17 Cincinnati - Home game.
Oct 24 Idaho State - Home game.

Following a Halloween night Bye, the final block is 4 MWC games:
Nov 7 @ San Jose State - A candidate to move.
Nov 14 @ UNLV - A candidate to move.
Nov 21 Fresno State - Home game.
Nov 28 Utah State - Home game.

So by my freaky over-analysis of the situation, I'd say that my guess is either San Jose State or UNLV moves out from 2015 to 2016. Both teams can accommodate one more home game in their OOC schedule in 2016. It may just be a matter of making a change worth it to one of them.

It does appear that the SEC does accommodate OOC games throughout their season, but if the Missouri dates don't work in November we may be able to get Idaho State moved to November--or one of the AAC teams if we offer some kind of compensation/motivation for making that change. That said, Missouri has no set dates after week 3 so it is certainly feasible to work it out.
Last edited by Fido on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Play them in Hawaii and pray we have enough healthy players to play 13 games. TIC

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Actually for looking at Missouri's 2015 schedule, the only 2 weeks they have open is October 31, and November 14 (all the other 11 weekends are booked with games). So that would mean either a Halloween game or UNLV moves out to make room for November 14th. I would think an October 31 bye is better than a November 14 bye if you can only have 1 in the season. I wonder if the delay in announcing is in getting UNLV willing to give up an OOC home game that season (some compensation would definitely be required for them accommodating the schedule change).
Even if BYU-Missouri went with Halloween, they would need a road game from the current schedule to reschedule.

YNot
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by YNot »

Missouri and West Virginia just scheduled a 2016 and 2019 series.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/11/miss ... ll-series/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Missouri still has the 2015 opening. However, I think they will look to follow the SEC model of one OOC road game and 3 OOC home games. With the WVU series, I don't see where they have room for a trip to Provo. So, I won't be surprised that the BYU game is indeed a one-and-done game at a "neutral" site.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

YNot wrote:Missouri and West Virginia just scheduled a 2016 and 2019 series.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/11/miss ... ll-series/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Missouri still has the 2015 opening. However, I think they will look to follow the SEC model of one OOC road game and 3 OOC home games. With the WVU series, I don't see where they have room for a trip to Provo. So, I won't be surprised that the BYU game is indeed a one-and-done game at a "neutral" site.
I could see it playing out like the 2016 West Virginia game at a neutral site (Arrowhead stadium with Missouri). But you never know. Missouri has plenty of room for a home game between 2016 and 2020 and then no away game after 2021. So if it was a series the return game would probably not be before 2021. Missouri has been scheduling staggered H/H games with Memphis, Wyoming, West Virginia, and UCONN so it could still be done.

mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

A neutral-home matchup in favor of BYU?

How did that happen?

I really hope Mizzou honors the return trip. 2015 looks to be brutal.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Incredible.

The Missouri Tigers and the BYU Cougars have scheduled a two-game football series for 2015 and 2020, the two schools announced today.

The first game of the series will be played at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri on Nov. 14, 2015. Arrowhead Stadium, the home of the NFL’s Kansas City Chiefs, has hosted several college football games, including five Big 12 Championship games.

On Nov. 7, 2020, Missouri will travel to face BYU at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, Utah for the final game of the two-game series.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Two November games with an SEC team, and neither of them is a true road game?

:bug: