Fire Howell

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Fire Howell

Post by mizzoucoug »

And if Bronco doesn't have the gonads to do so, fire him too.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Re: Fire Howell

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Lay off Mizzou. Your fire comments are near insufferable and are showing your "level of education"
Mods please lock this thread before this becomes even more stupid and uncivil.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Ha ha. Oh mizzou. Due to the fact that BYU lost their heart, lungs, kidneys and liver all in one tackle late in the first half vs. USU, I'm willing to give Howell some time to get things figured out. He's also dealing with a lot of injuries on that side of the ball. And suddenly the defense looks like a new unit last in the 2nd half.

idahocougarfan
Recruit

Post by idahocougarfan »

The defense is playing great right now. With key personnel gone, Howell is calling the necessary plays to be competitive.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Defense came out flat, but stepped up after giving up 10 pts early. I thought Howell did fine. Loss wasn't on him tonight.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Lay off Mizzou. Your fire comments are near insufferable and are showing your "level of education"
Mods please lock this thread before this becomes even more stupid and uncivil.
Rarely do your posts make sense. This not one of those times.

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

BroncoBot wrote:Ha ha. Oh mizzou. Due to the fact that BYU lost their heart, lungs, kidneys and liver all in one tackle late in the first half vs. USU, I'm willing to give Howell some time to get things figured out. He's also dealing with a lot of injuries on that side of the ball. And suddenly the defense looks like a new unit last in the 2nd half.
I actually was on a flight most of the game but was lucky enough to watch both teams' opening drives. Our defense has been on a crash course all season. A lot of us believe there is talent but it is being undercoached. UofH, UVA, and USU all had season-best games against this D. UCF had another great night. Taysom is 100% the reason for the 4 wins. That's it. Taysom is 4-0. The rest of the team is 0-2. :)

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

So, since you were on a flight, and only saw the two opening drives, you clearly didn't see how the defense was the only reason BYU wasn't down by 30 in the first half.

Howell called his best game of the year, by far. Poor special teams play and anemic offense outside of the third quarter were the reason for the loss.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

I thought Howell called a good D. Without 3 of 4 DBs, our best LB, a hobbled Kaufusi, the D played well. We had a pass rush. We stuffed their run. Where things got tough was in long kick and punt returns and some short fields. My one beef was how well UCF moved down the field the first series. This is after we won the toss and deferred. To then give up a TD is a real morale downer.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Bronco can no longer bury his head in the sand re: penalties. BYU wins this game easily last night without idiotic "penaties of aggression", as he likes to call them.