Misery Index

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Misery Index

Post by scott715 »

BYU #4

Ungoy
All-American

Re: Misery Index

Post by Ungoy »

I thought we'd be higher than that. We went from ultimate highs to ultimate lows.

After Utah State, and seeing our defense cost us the UCF game, this season hurts worse than any in recent memory. Everything was lined up, and then we got hit by the perfect $%#^ storm.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

No way to candy coat it. Taysom's devastating injury and watching the Coug football team collapse, and dash the high hopes for 2014, is a tough pill to swallow. I suspect the entire team and coaching staff are deeply disappointed. I know I am. All I know is, I still support Bronco, his staff, and the team - with all the warts and blemishes.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Just check out the traffic (or lack thereof) on the fan sites. This site has slowed to the rate of cold molasses, but at least it hasn't completely died like http://www.deepshadesofblue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fan base is in a general malaise, but, while I don't expect it to return to pre-USU levels, I expect the fans to turn out and support the 2014 Cougars v2.2 as the rest of the season rolls on and they start winning again.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:Just check out the traffic (or lack thereof) on the fan sites. This site has slowed to the rate of cold molasses, but at least it hasn't completely died like http://www.deepshadesofblue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fan base is in a general malaise, but, while I don't expect it to return to pre-USU levels, I expect the fans to turn out and support the 2014 Cougars v2.2 as the rest of the season rolls on and they start winning again.
Wow deep shades of blue will be required by the govt to change their name to deepsixed...truth in advertising and all that....

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

snoscythe wrote:Just check out the traffic (or lack thereof) on the fan sites. This site has slowed to the rate of cold molasses, but at least it hasn't completely died like http://www.deepshadesofblue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just in time for an 830 Saturday night start time vs an opponent that isn't our worst, but isn't going to motivate the average fans. If BYU loses Saturday night, Bronco may see his worst HC attendance vs unlv and sav state. C'mon Cougs!!

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I would luv to fly up and be there for the game this Sat. against Nevada - but - it's the brides birthday and we have tickets to a Zac Brown concert. My hopes are that both the Cougs and Zac Brown do good.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /17156019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the link. Somehow it got lost in the OP.

My traffic is down because I don't want to listen to the fire coaches and the world is coming to an end posts.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

scott715 wrote: My traffic is down because I don't want to listen to the fire coaches and the world is coming to an end posts.
Agreed. The aggressive and hostile few posters calling for a coaches head or his job gets old, quickly. Like psycho Eore's on "roid rage".

Last edited by Ddawg on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

This stuff happens, not much we can do about it. I'm very excited about this team right now, mainly because of the way they are fighting through this adversity and not giving up. It is fun watching new, young players start to develop.