Rumors abound

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Rumors abound

Post by Cougarbib »

stuckinbig10country wrote:Umm, did Bibster just admit to an NCAA infraction in this thread?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
No. It Is not an NCAA violation.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
nickdutson
BLUEshirt

Post by nickdutson »

I would be very surprised if he left the utes. I read somewhere on another forum where they said his best friend since they were little ones plays for the utes rugby team and his girl friend is a sorority president. And after looking at his facebook profile and all the pictures of the utes and the many friends of the current team on their as well. Quite a different situation than Harvey. I don't know crazier things have happened.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Fido wrote:I don't know that buried on the depth chart of an NFL roster is a great place to develop and improve as a player. That is what college is for. I'd be surprised if this is the route he chooses. I'm downgrading that from shocked because he has had his college year ended twice in three years by injury and may not want to see what happens in a 4th before trying to earn some money.
Signed,

Steve Young - 4 year player, college football hall-of-fame
Tom Brady - 4 year player, Big Ten passing efficiency leader
Doug Flutie - 4 year player, Heisman trophy winner, Consensus All-American, Davey O'Brien Award, Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Player of the Year
Ty Detmer (14 year career in NFL) - 4 year player, Heisman trophy winner, 2-time concensus all-american
Kurt Warner - 4 year player, conference offensive player of the year

many others
So what has Taysom Hill accomplished to even be in the same category as any of those players? None of these guys were injury-prone and left college early. Kurt Warner is the most amazing story because he was better in the NFL than in college--but he could pass the ball and would be a rare exception. For as many guys you can find who made it after spending time buried on the depth chart, there are many more who did not make it. These guys named above were big names in college. Taysom was getting Heisman mentions as a junior--in the top 15 or so candidates. But that quickly disappeared when he was injured.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

Fido wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Fido wrote:I don't know that buried on the depth chart of an NFL roster is a great place to develop and improve as a player. That is what college is for. I'd be surprised if this is the route he chooses. I'm downgrading that from shocked because he has had his college year ended twice in three years by injury and may not want to see what happens in a 4th before trying to earn some money.
Signed,

Steve Young - 4 year player, college football hall-of-fame
Tom Brady - 4 year player, Big Ten passing efficiency leader
Doug Flutie - 4 year player, Heisman trophy winner, Consensus All-American, Davey O'Brien Award, Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Player of the Year
Ty Detmer (14 year career in NFL) - 4 year player, Heisman trophy winner, 2-time concensus all-american
Kurt Warner - 4 year player, conference offensive player of the year

many others
So what has Taysom Hill accomplished to even be in the same category as any of those players? None of these guys were injury-prone and left college early. Kurt Warner is the most amazing story because he was better in the NFL than in college--but he could pass the ball and would be a rare exception. For as many guys you can find who made it after spending time buried on the depth chart, there are many more who did not make it. These guys named above were big names in college. Taysom was getting Heisman mentions as a junior--in the top 15 or so candidates. But that quickly disappeared when he was injured.
Well duh. That is what happens when you get injured. People stop talking about you. He was in more than the top 15. Top 10 and creeping up to top 5. Can you imagine him playing some of the miserable teams we are playing now? He would be averaging 5 tds a game.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

BlueIsBetter wrote:Well duh. That is what happens when you get injured. People stop talking about you. He was in more than the top 15. Top 10 and creeping up to top 5. Can you imagine him playing some of the miserable teams we are playing now? He would be averaging 5 tds a game.

Watching how well C-Stew ran vs UCF and the holes that were open, Taysom would have had 200 yards rushing. He would have had a monster game vs Nevada as well.

I think his dominant play would have continued against Utah St.

The only game I'm unsure about is Boise.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Maybe Taysom would have but he didn't. So we can't act like he did.