4-4 and 6-6 staring Bronco in the face

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

4-4 and 6-6 staring Bronco in the face

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I'm not targeting Bronco here, just stating the possibility that all of us see.
I would think that BYU is an underdog next week. Maybe that's good. BYU doesn't perform well as favorites or with a lead. But 4-4 is a real possibility after starting 4-0. Wow.
And 6-6?? Wow, what a disaster. I think BYU will be 7-5 going into a bowl, but wow, I heard a player on the radio, Fred Warner, interviewed by Wrubell, and played before the game, was still spouting the possibilities of 10-2. Is that the culture of this team? Serious denial. I know there needs to be hope and goals. And maybe this is part of the larger problem of not being in a conference, but I don't buy that either, unless it's the WAC or MWC and BYU is perennially in position to win it--bc in the a big 12 it would be in contention once or twice a decade--not much to hope for there, but a "quality" opponent at home" and whether or not BYU has enough wins to make it to a bowl game--but again, I don't buy that completely.
This season is almost in full meltdown with winnable games slipping away again and again.
6-6, wow.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: 4-4 and 6-6 staring Bronco in the face

Post by Gunk »

Team is full of themselves. Think they are better than everyone else just because they play at BYU. Have to prove it guys.

Did you hear the commentator talk about how Bronco said guys are putting in more effort now that Hill is gone, spending more time watching film, etc. I am sorry, but if "every day is game day" where was that effort before and if players are now upping their game then it's pretty obvious Bronco does not have these guys running at their peak and that we could indeed do more to get them excited and ready to play in-state rivalry games.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Gunk wrote:Team is full of themselves. Think they are better than everyone else just because they play at BYU. Have to prove it guys.

Did you hear the commentator talk about how Bronco said guys are putting in more effort now that Hill is gone, spending more time watching film, etc. I am sorry, but if "every day is game day" where was that effort before and if players are now upping their game then it's pretty obvious Bronco does not have these guys running at their peak and that we could indeed do more to get them excited and ready to play in-state rivalry games.

Agreed. This team, if it had more to give when THill was healthy, should have and did vs Texas, but progressively went down tHill. ANAE and BYU lived by the Hill and died by the Hill.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BYUBALLIN »

These comments are just wow to me. What do you want the players to say " at this point we r just wanting to make a bowl game" really cmon. Broncos not gonna make excuses but has every right to. Tell me how many teams in the Country could survive this Hesiman contender out for the year, missing pretty much the entire starting secondary, best def player, best RB and a good WR..please not team in the country is gonna be the same after that. The boys r busting their butt out their and Iam proud as hell of them..why Iam driving 8 hours to the game on Friday GO Cougars..

Screamineagle
Freshman

Post by Screamineagle »

BYUBALLIN wrote:These comments are just wow to me. What do you want the players to say " at this point we r just wanting to make a bowl game" really cmon. Broncos not gonna make excuses but has every right to. Tell me how many teams in the Country could survive this Hesiman contender out for the year, missing pretty much the entire starting secondary, best def player, best RB and a good WR..please not team in the country is gonna be the same after that. The boys r busting their butt out their and Iam proud as hell of them..why Iam driving 8 hours to the game on Friday GO Cougars..

Agreed .Thanks for posting this.

Screamineagle
Freshman

Post by Screamineagle »

Screamineagle wrote:
BYUBALLIN wrote:These comments are just wow to me. What do you want the players to say " at this point we r just wanting to make a bowl game" really cmon. Broncos not gonna make excuses but has every right to. Tell me how many teams in the Country could survive this Hesiman contender out for the year, missing pretty much the entire starting secondary, best def player, best RB and a good WR..please not team in the country is gonna be the same after that. The boys r busting their butt out their and Iam proud as hell of them..why Iam driving 8 hours to the game on Friday GO Cougars..

Agreed .Thanks for posting this.
8-5 looks pretty good at this point.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Screamineagle wrote: 8-5 looks pretty good at this point.
Disagree. 7-4 was no big deal. 8-4 felt great. 8-5 feels like crap.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Mars wrote:
Screamineagle wrote: 8-5 looks pretty good at this point.
Disagree. 7-4 was no big deal. 8-4 felt great. 8-5 feels like crap.
And in the end, it was virtually the same problem all year: the worst defense in ten years. It started sketchy when everybody was healthy on D and then it gives up 55 (48) points to cap off a momentum killing finish--during a prime opportunity to outshine the Utes (for recruits) who are in near meltdown