Funding for Kilani Sitake

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Funding for Kilani Sitake

Post by hawkwing »

BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:After a big push by every Cougar fan site on the net, the funding is now up to $100 from a single donor. Clearly this movement has a lot of momentum and Tom Holmoe can ill afford to ignore it.
That donor ought to instead use his $100k and buy some Prozac to distribute to the truly depressed. His money would be better spent
Unfortunately this fund will never get to $200, let alone $100K. I think the founder is going to go without Prozac for quite some time.

Screamineagle
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Screamineagle »

Like I have said before Bronco is not perfect but I do think he is the right coach right now.We don't need more projects.No one knew the season was going to go from promising to crap on a dime. That is the nature of sports. They will get their six wins and a bowl game this season and that will be a huge accomplishment. Maybe all the people whining should turn in their resumes. I for one still support Bronco.I like him personally and I like how he deals with the players.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

I think you could count all of the people clamoring to replace Bronco with Kalani Sitaki on 1 finger. The middle finger. Sour grapes. Another bitter person with an agenda.

I took the OP guy's suggestion. I googled Kalani Sitake. Lots of stuff. Nothing at all about this nonsense. Then I found one wiener on Rumor Board trying to stir this up. That was it. This has no traction and has been completely misrepresented in the OP. Sad that people stoop to that.

Nothing against Sitake. Love the guy. I used to be able to pronounce his entire name. Some may recall him shortening his already shortened name to Kalani Fifita. His first name is about as long and difficult to pronounce as Kalanianaole Highway was. Kalani Fifita Sitake. Great guy by any name. Great football player. Good coach.

Head Coach at a D1 school. Not yet.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Post by NDCougar »

I am all for replacing Bronco if there is a better alternative (realistic). Bronco will continue to have a good record vs weak teams and never get us to the next level. Bronco is a very average coach.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

stuckinbig10country wrote: I will all but guarantee that Kilani Sitaki will be a worse head coach than Bronco Mendenhall.

Some BYU fans wanted Lavell fired...Some BYU fans are really stupid.
1. I will guarantee that Kilani Sitake will be a worse head coach than Bronco Mendenhall right now. Not even close. That is no reflection on Sitake as a person, or the coach he can develop into - one day. Right now? Today? Next year? Not even close.

2. Yes, some BYU fans are really stupid, and they post their stupidity repeatedly on the internet. It use to be that the village idiot stayed in the village. Now he posts on the internet - regularly.

HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by HoosierCougar »

I love to hear the clamoringfor fund raising... in many cases I know of personally from some of the same fans who gripe about the price of season tickets!

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mongo not understand. Exactly what is the raising of funds - the fundraising - for? To buy out Bronco's contract and send him packing? To pay for a moving company to pack Kilani Sitake's house and move him to Provo? It's so confusing.
;)

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

I don't get how people think Broncos a below average head coach. I'm not a RA RA Bronco lover he makes me plent made at times. But if you look at the fact his hands are tied when it come to recruiting (face it for every player they get because of the honor code they lose out on a dozen more) and now there independent and there name is not Notre Dame but yet they are still competitive, still putting together winning seasons, and still being talked about on the national stage. If anything Bronco has possibly over achieved in what he's done. Honestly how many other coaches out there would want to come into this situation and try and do what he does? Oh and let's not forget they also have to have a temple recommend in there back pocket. They also have to try and convince 18 year old males who have never heard of the honor code to come play for a team that has no conference affiliation and almost ZERO chance of making a January 1st bowl game, a playoff game, or a National Championship. Ya think about it and tell me he's below average.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

a1247 wrote:
I'm not a RA RA Bronco lover he makes me plent made at times.
I agree 633%. I get so "plent" that I lay awake at night and talk to myself. I ask: "Why does Bronco make me so plent?" I get so plent, I get bent, then I am spent.

We are simpatico. 8)