This say it all

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

This say it all

Post by BYUBALLIN »

This applies to a lot of BYU fans right now. Sorry I can't stand when people were so pumped when were unbeaten and now thrown in the towel good and don't come back I say.
Attachments
image.jpg

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: This say it all

Post by Fido »

I think I'd wager that when Ether gave that oration he was not referring to BYU athletics. ;)

And did you +1 yourself on that previous comment? :lol:

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

Lol that pic so good I had lol..it's ok to minus me for that one lol.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

You're gonna have to explain that picture to me.

Are all of those people "nobodies" because I see a bunch of people there but the scripture refers to "No" faith, not little "faith." So the only way for this picture to make sense with that picture is for either those who are there to not amount to being a person, or those who are there being there even though they are completely faithless.

Also…

Does this picture imply that it would take a miracle to beat Nevada? Last year it took Jamaal Williams Taysom Hill, and a healthy defense, and even then, it was close. We didn't have any of those this week so should we believe that any win last week would have been ”miraculous” .

Also…

Is it saying that the faith of a spectator can have a miraculous effect on the participants of a sporting event? I wonder … what if the spectator has faith, but the players not have faith, do they cancel each other out?

Also…

Is it just making fun of people who apparently went home from a sporting event around midnight on a Saturday evening, to get ready for the Sabbath? ‘Cause, I love when we make fun of people for stuff like that.

Also…

Perhaps that scripture is the answer to the question of “Can God build a rock so big that even he can’t lift it”? And the answer is… “if a spectator to that event had faith, then yes… or no, depending on what the outcome the spectator wanted was.”

I guess that I just don't get the picture.

But when you say "This picture says it all" I am reminded of the Jack Handey quote:
The face of a child says it all...especially the mouth part of the face.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Team is on a 3 game losing streak. They haven't given fans much to cheer about.

Secondly, with one loss, the season is done. We're basically heading to Miami. There's nothing "special" left in the season. Top 25 ranking is even out of the picture.

I agree, it sucks fans aren't coming out to support the team, but the team does need to put a good product out on the field.

At 4 - 3 right now, unable to beat middle of pack MWC teams, no way I'd plunk down $300 to take my family to a game.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
runbyu1
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by runbyu1 »

I still think a one loss BYU team would have made a New Years six bowl. We would've been forgiven for losing Taysom. Now we just need to make a bowl!!!

NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Post by NDCougar »

runbyu1 wrote:I still think a one loss BYU team would have made a New Years six bowl. We would've been forgiven for losing Taysom. Now we just need to make a bowl!!!
No way. We can debate this all day long, but the SoS and no quality wins would kill us. There will be teams left out of the CFP with 1 loss, several SEC teams will make the CFP and the NY's bowl games. That is a bit optimistic; BYU would need to be undefeated.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

Gunk wrote:Team is on a 3 game losing streak. They haven't given fans much to cheer about.

Secondly, with one loss, the season is done. We're basically heading to Miami. There's nothing "special" left in the season. Top 25 ranking is even out of the picture.

I agree, it sucks fans aren't coming out to support the team, but the team does need to put a good product out on the field.

At 4 - 3 right now, unable to beat middle of pack MWC teams, no way I'd plunk down $300 to take my family to a game.
Good heavens bro what seats you trying to get at Lavell? You must have a lot of kids bro. 300 bucks to watch BYU I got 5 row end zone for 180 that's season tickets.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

I just laugh at the comment what r they playing for now. you gotta be kidding me right? These guys bust there butt during the week to get ready to rep BYU that alone demands your respect and loyalty. Maybe it's the Chicago sports fan in me but nothing would keep me from going and watching BYU play. 0-220 I would still be in my seat in a blizzard to watch my Cougars. Win or lose a real fan supports his team to the end. If people can't support when we lose 3 in a row then don't come when we win 12 in a row. That team in slc sure could use more fans go cheer for them.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

BYUBALLIN wrote:
Gunk wrote:Team is on a 3 game losing streak. They haven't given fans much to cheer about.

Good heavens bro what seats you trying to get at Lavell? You must have a lot of kids bro. 300 bucks to watch BYU I got 5 row end zone for 180 that's season tickets.
Just me, the Mrs. and two kids.

Season tickets is the way to go. If you're like me and don't live in Utah and decide to catch a game while in town...$300. Price of single game tickets is insane. I've ranted about this before.

Last year, tickets through BYU cost $90 each - nose bleed tickets. I ended up buying them through StubHub for $45 a piece - still nose bleed.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel