Ponder This!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Ponder This!

Post by BroncoBot »

NDCougar wrote:Bronco needs to man up and stop being so focused on his way, his style, his tactics. This why he has issues with assistants, they don't grow nor progress. This is why he only lands kids that are already set for BYU and loses too many battles......he is too prideful to roll out the red carpet for HS players. With BM it is his way or the highway, good coaches listen and develop players and coaches. He has not done this. He has no real coaching tree and he has 1-2 players he recruited in the NFL (Crowton hold overs don't count, nor do walk-ons or others he landed without recruiting).

Great coaches have great assistants. They develop them and are not threatened by them. Look at Lavell. Look at the current top tier coaches, they all have a coaching tree and are proud of their assistants, BM IMHO likes to pass the blame by firing assistance vs getting the right guys and developing them.

The problem falls at the top. It will be interesting to see who he blames, by firing them. I doubt BM takes the blame for hiring the wrong guy.......this scenario is repeated over and over again.
BUT when bronco does allow a DC to take the reigns, he has 90% of fans clammoring for him to take those reigns away.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

I went to the BSU fireside. It lasted an hour. They stay a little while to interact with the fans. Then they went to the stadium to do their walk through. I don't think it is taking that much time. I support them. Two years ago they had 3,200 attend. That is a lot of brand building and there were some non members there.

Yzzazz
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Yzzazz »

stuckinbig10country wrote:The firesides are being done in answer to prayer. Let me repeat that a little louder for all those who are still confused. THE FIRESIDES ARE BEING DONE BECAUSE IT WAS AN ANSWER TO A PRAYER!!!!!!!

To every other school/fan base that would mean little. But at BYU, it should mean something.

Unfortunately, the night before is the only time they can do them unless they want to do them after the games, or stay a day longer.

The players aren't even required to go. Even some of "Bronco's Guys" don't go. And the alternative is for the guys to hang out in the hotel. It's not like the team doesn't still do a walk through the night before the game after the fireside.

The firesides brought us KVN. That's just to the football team. I wonder how many more people have been touched by the spirit at one of these firesides and their testimony grew from that and they went on a mission and ...

So if you want to talk about failed assistants, failed recruiting, football being 5th (what of the top 4 would you put it above), or something like that I can understand. But leave the firesides out of it.
Thank you and others for your sentiments on Firesides. These haven't kept us from winning games it the past. This year's woes are not about them.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Bronco models the team around himself, including schemes and strategies and personnel. He was the consume overachiever. Chip on his shoulder.

Walkons. 2 star recruits. Scheme around it with zone defenses and bend don't break strategies and smart white guys who can compensate by playing assignment sound. Throw in gfgh to wear out opponents and working harder, and enduring, and starters being required to play on special teams and flying all around the country, jet lag, etc. Is Bronco wearing his own team out?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.