Look at him GO!!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Look at him GO!!!

Post by blue42 »

nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't recall Bronco ever blaming anything this year on injuries. I know I haven't read every single article on BYU or heard every sound bite, but it just doesn't seem like Bronco's style.

That said, yes Bronco fired the first volley with Utah not wanted to play BYU, which is the truth, and Whit came back with BYU excuses with injuries, which is a LIE!

So truth from Bronco and lies from Whit. Worries too much about BYU still, I can almost guarantee Bronco doesn't know who is injured on the Utah team, and he doesn't really care, he is focused only on BYU.

Whit is really starting to sound like a libertard politician, lying, trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing and only coming out when there is a big enough group to protect him.
Bronco has made excuses about the injuries on 2 different occasions that I can remembers. Questionable at least to say Bronco is focused on BYU. If so he would be calling all the plays and getting his team amped and ready to play.
Like I said, I haven't read every article this year on BYU so I would like to see where he blamed the losses on injuries. Do you have the references?
http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-vs ... and-quotes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We knew coming in that Nevada was the best offensive team we’ve played so far. Some inexperience, some youth, some lack of concentration, some injury. Ultimately, the execution should be strong enough.
You can it as well on KSL.com in the post game articles. I remember reading one last week.
Nick thank you for providing the article, I hadn't read that before. I will go along with ABYUFAN though and say he didn't blame the loss on injuries but was at the end of a list of things he mentioned. Hardly using injury as the sole reason for BYU's troubles as intimated by Whit.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

ABYUFAN wrote:
nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't recall Bronco ever blaming anything this year on injuries. I know I haven't read every single article on BYU or heard every sound bite, but it just doesn't seem like Bronco's style.

That said, yes Bronco fired the first volley with Utah not wanted to play BYU, which is the truth, and Whit came back with BYU excuses with injuries, which is a LIE!

So truth from Bronco and lies from Whit. Worries too much about BYU still, I can almost guarantee Bronco doesn't know who is injured on the Utah team, and he doesn't really care, he is focused only on BYU.

Whit is really starting to sound like a libertard politician, lying, trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing and only coming out when there is a big enough group to protect him.
Bronco has made excuses about the injuries on 2 different occasions that I can remembers. Questionable at least to say Bronco is focused on BYU. If so he would be calling all the plays and getting his team amped and ready to play.
Like I said, I haven't read every article this year on BYU so I would like to see where he blamed the losses on injuries. Do you have the references?
http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-vs ... and-quotes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We knew coming in that Nevada was the best offensive team we’ve played so far. Some inexperience, some youth, some lack of concentration, some injury. Ultimately, the execution should be strong enough.
You can it as well on KSL.com in the post game articles. I remember reading one last week.
There is a difference between blaming a loss on injuries, and including injuries fourth on a list of problems that the team is experiencing.
Well, yeah, but the youth, inexperience, and lack of concentration are all about inexperience and the inexperience is because the experienced guts are injured. Are we down to making mountains out of molehills to feel better about our team?

Injuries are a big part, the main part, of why we are struggling. Well 2nd main part. The 1st main part is that the athletic guys we got so excited about, are not assignment sound and at least 1 plays selfishly, and thus the defensive players gave up on each other and worsened that problem by trying to do too much.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Cougs_Rule wrote:HOW ABOUT SOME DEFENSIVE LINEMEN WHO CAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE OPPOSING QB'S, BRONCO????????
I think we are waiting for the Ebola crisis to pass so they can recruit themselves out of West Africa. That's been the best approach to DLine recruiting to date.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

snoscythe wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:HOW ABOUT SOME DEFENSIVE LINEMEN WHO CAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE OPPOSING QB'S, BRONCO????????
I think we are waiting for the Ebola crisis to pass so they can recruit themselves out of West Africa. That's been the best approach to DLine recruiting to date.
LOL. how bout some big nasty Poly's? Wait, you are right, Ziggy was the Ansah.
No, wait, maybe Kilani is the answer.

nickdutson
BLUEshirt

Post by nickdutson »

ABYUFAN wrote:
nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:

There is a difference between blaming a loss on injuries, and including injuries fourth on a list of problems that the team is experiencing.
If you really want to dissect it, everything he said is related to injuries.
Inexperience = 2nd and 3rd string players
Youth = Same as above
Lack of concentration = Sure that's related to players not focused on the game and thinking of all the injuries.
Bronco isn't going to just come out and say injuries is why we lost. But he will paint a subtle picture that's the case.

nickdutson
BLUEshirt

Post by nickdutson »

Cougarbib wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:

Well, yeah, but the youth, inexperience, and lack of concentration are all about inexperience and the inexperience is because the experienced guts are injured. Are we down to making mountains out of molehills to feel better about our team?

Injuries are a big part, the main part, of why we are struggling. Well 2nd main part. The 1st main part is that the athletic guys we got so excited about, are not assignment sound and at least 1 plays selfishly, and thus the defensive players gave up on each other and worsened that problem by trying to do too much.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
+1 thanks bib for seeing the bigger picture here.

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

Doesn't matter is it's not Bronco saying it's the injuries, all of the fans are saying it's the injuries and it's getting back to KWhitt. And we do suck because of the injuries, but we also suck because of the coaching.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

nickdutson wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:

If you really want to dissect it, everything he said is related to injuries.
Inexperience = 2nd and 3rd string players
Youth = Same as above
Lack of concentration = Sure that's related to players not focused on the game and thinking of all the injuries.
Bronco isn't going to just come out and say injuries is why we lost. But he will paint a subtle picture that's the case.
...unless he's talking about "youth" and "inexperience" because we had leaders graduate last year. Look at Zac Stout, his problem is that he lack game experience, not that he's injured. Also look at Most of our linebackers, he's not saying that they're injured, they are all inexperienced.

Inexperience is not necessarily an injury thing, that's why he lists them separately.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

we are now claiming that Zach S is inexperinced? now i have neard it all. after three in the program (and one off to celan up his life) and hes inexperienced? Why did he lose his startinf role to a recently reurned RM, first year in the program guy (Langi)?
Yes, injuries = playing inexpereinced guys = not assignment sound, etc, etc.
But the penalties and "mindless agression" was going on the whole season. even with the experenced guys.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Cougs_Rule wrote:we are now claiming that Zach S is inexperinced? now i have neard it all. after three in the program (and one off to celan up his life) and hes inexperienced? Why did he lose his startinf role to a recently reurned RM, first year in the program guy (Langi)?
Yes, injuries = playing inexpereinced guys = not assignment sound, etc, etc.
But the penalties and "mindless agression" was going on the whole season. even with the experenced guys.
I'd consider Stout inexperienced - at least when it comes to in-game experience. He didn't play last year as he wasn't in the program. Here's his timeline/stats:

2010: True Freshman: 21 tackles (12 Solo/9 Assisted), 2 TFLs. Made at least one tackle in seven games.
2011: Injured, redshirt
2012: Played in one game. Made one tackle.
2013: Not in the Program

So before this season, he had made ONE tackle in the previous three years.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!