Prepping for CAL- Let's Finish Strong!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
IndependenceIsBliss
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Prepping for CAL- Let's Finish Strong!!

Post by IndependenceIsBliss »

I've been impressed with our last few games. Especially against UNLV last night. I've been especially proud of Lasike and Stewart. We should kill Savannah State, and I'm hoping our guys use this game to fine-tune our skills so that we can make a statement win vs. The Cal Golden Bears in a few weeks. Speaking of Cal, they aren't even bowl eligible (something we easily attained last night). Also, Cal (along with yewtah) represent the dregs of the PAC 10.2. Nevertheless, this game vs. Cal will show the P5 conferences that BYU is for real, and will springboard us into next year when we play multiple P5 teams. By then we will have Taysom Hill back (along with Williams). And we all know that with both of those guys back, BYU is an unstoppable football team. Bring on Cal! I think we beat them by at least 10, but am waiting to see how we handle Savannah State to know for sure...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Prepping for CAL- Let's Finish Strong!!

Post by Cougs_Rule »

It will be an interesting game. But SS first. And since a lot of young guys have gotten PT already this year, hopefully it will be a "tune up" for Cal.
Cal will come in probably with a loss to Stanford and in need of one win to Be bowl eligible. So, Cal very Easily could mail it in and want the season over or way more likely, feel a much needed bowl appearance after how many years of bad football and be very motivated to kick some Cougar Tail. I predict the latter. Could be a tough game for the Cougs. And a good test for a rebuilding ad that has some guys back as well as a toughest test to date for a "prepared" CS.

IndependenceIsBliss
Gray Shirt

Post by IndependenceIsBliss »

Looks like my prediction was spot on. Overall, I'm proud of how BYU handled the season with the adversity presented. Bring on the Miami Beach Bowl! Bring on 2015!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Huge props to the oft maligned (and rightfully so) pass defense at the end of that game. Cal QB was 1 for his last 7 on that final effort.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

They beat him up pretty good in the second half.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BYU's defense (and offense) made wonderful adjustements at half time. They absolutely pounded the QB and the secondary eventually came up big.