Final home game for the Seniors

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Final home game for the Seniors

Post by Fido »

I know the weather is projecting rain and the opponent is less than stellar, but I hope the graduating seniors get honored and fans do right by them. Here is the list of seniors this year--which ones will you miss the most?

SPECIAL TEAMS
23 Scott Arellano P
96 Kevin O'Mary DS

OFFENSE
57 De'Ondre Wesley OL
50 Edward Fusi OL
73 Solomone Kafu OL
77 Michael Yeck OL
61 Quinn Lawlor OL
84 Devin Mahina TE
7 Christian Stewart QB
33 Paul Lasike RB
9 Jordan Leslie WR
18 Keanu Nelson WR
1 Ross Apo WR

DEFENSE
99 Marques Johnson DL
93 Josh Carter DL
5 Alani Fua LB
42 Michael Alisa LB
47 Zac Stout LB
20 Craig Bills DB
4 Robertson Daniel DB
1 Harvey Jackson DB
6 Jordan Johnson DB
7 Skye PoVey DB

Sorry--I had to amend the list. I guess Sampson (K) has 1 more year.
Also they are honoring OL Brock Stringham and WR Brett Thompson who suffered career ending injuries.
Last edited by Fido on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Final home game for the Seniors

Post by scott715 »

There are some heavy losses there. I wonder if the game will be played on Saturday if there is freezing rain.

AmmonCougar1
Sophomore

Post by AmmonCougar1 »

Fido wrote:I know the weather is projecting rain and the opponent is less than stellar, but I hope the graduating seniors get honored and fans do right by them. Here is the list of seniors this year--which ones will you miss the most?

SPECIAL TEAMS
23 Scott Arellano P
96 Kevin O'Mary DS

OFFENSE
57 De'Ondre Wesley OL
50 Edward Fusi OL
73 Solomone Kafu OL
77 Michael Yeck OL
61 Quinn Lawlor OL
84 Devin Mahina TE
7 Christian Stewart QB
33 Paul Lasike RB
9 Jordan Leslie WR
18 Keanu Nelson WR
1 Ross Apo WR

DEFENSE
99 Marques Johnson DL
93 Josh Carter DL
5 Alani Fua LB
42 Michael Alisa LB
47 Zac Stout LB
20 Craig Bills DB
4 Robertson Daniel DB
1 Harvey Jackson DB
6 Jordan Johnson DB
7 Skye PoVey DB

Sorry--I had to amend the list. I guess Sampson (K) has 1 more year.
Also they are honoring OL Brock Stringham and WR Brett Thompson who suffered career ending injuries.
It's an interesting list filled with a few bonafide difference makers like Fua, Bills and Arellano. Some hit and miss kind of guys that flash brilliance then fizzle about as quick like Daniel, Johnson. Some good to great stories like Zach Stout and Christian Stewart. And some sad stories like Ross Apo. Even though a don't really have a favorite player on the list, (honestly I can't say there was that type of player for me this year--Maybe Jamal though I never felt like he really got rolling after the suspension in the first game) I think the senior that epitomizes BYU football the most on the list is Mike Alisa. That guy did whatever it took to get on the field. He bailed us out at RB when we had nothing. He accepted the move back to LB when some 17 or 18 yr old freshman name J-will beat him out. I don't recall hearing any complaints from him in the press.

Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I'm going to miss C Stew. He seems to be getting better with experience. Also if Hill doesn't come back fully ready or gets hurt again the qb cupboard is pretty bare. Lasike, Arellano and Fua were fun and contributed a lot.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I am interested to see how Stewart does in the last two games against decent competition now that he has it going? Lack of Williams will hurt the balance of the offense. Remember when we came out of Fall camp and there were some that support Stewart as the starter. If he wins out, there will be an argument of who was the better QB.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

scott715 wrote:I am interested to see how Stewart does in the last two games against decent competition now that he has it going? Lack of Williams will hurt the balance of the offense. Remember when we came out of Fall camp and there were some that support Stewart as the starter. If he wins out, there will be an argument of who was the better QB.
And what a completely pointless argument that would be. CStew has done an admirable job stepping in and I hope he leave with 2 more wins, but what would be the point of arguing who was the better QB? Hardly an apples to apples comparison and has absolutely no bearing on moving FORWARD into the 2015-2016 season.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

scott715 wrote:I am interested to see how Stewart does in the last two games against decent competition now that he has it going? Lack of Williams will hurt the balance of the offense. Remember when we came out of Fall camp and there were some that support Stewart as the starter. If he wins out, there will be an argument of who was the better QB.
I am interested as well.

Is Nate Carter becoming the rb we need to do the job? What has happened to Hine?