College Football Top 4

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Who Are YOUR Top 4?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Alabama
25%
Oregon
25%
Florida St.
17%
Mississippi St
12%
Georgia
2%
Baylor
7%
TCU
13%

Total votes: 60

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

College Football Top 4

Post by byufan4ever »

Whose your Top 4? The major rankings (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings) all have the same top 4:

Alabama
Oregon
Florida St.
Mississippi St.

But Sagarin (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2014/team/) has:

Alabama
Georgia
Baylor
Oregon

I also like to reference this composite of 95 rankings (http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm):

Alabama
Oregon
Mississippi St.
TCU

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: College Football Top 4

Post by imuakahuku »

My hope is Fl St, Ohio St., Oregon, and SEC team. If OSU could jump Ms St and TCU/Baylor for the fourth spot that will put huge pressure on B12 to have a championship game. Of course they could throw a loop and end up getting an exception to have it with only 10 teams.
BTW Big 12 how's that one true champion working out? Most likely a shared championship in year one. And had Baylor not slipped at WV but instead lost to KSU it would have been a real mess. That would have been ideal as three would have ended on top with the one loss to one of the other leaders. Maybe next year :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I don't think that the other 4 P5 conferences will ever give the Big 12 permission to have a conference championship game with less than 12 teams. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 tried multiple times for that, and finally had to expand to get the championship game.

I went Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, and TCU.

Alabama's 1 loss is looking less good as the weeks go on (Ole Miss getting shut out at Arkansas isn't a good look).

Oregon's 1 loss is still looking good (maybe a 10-2 team).

Florida State is undefeated. That should mean more that it's getting credit for.

TCU's lone loss was on the road to another top 10 team. I give them the nod over Baylor, even with the head to head, because they played a tougher non-con schedule and beat the team that beat Baylor. Granted, they looked awful against Kansas.

Ohio State shouldn't be considered due to their home loss by multiple TD's to 4-6 VT.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

imuakahuku wrote: BTW Big 12 how's that one true champion working out? Most likely a shared championship in year one. And had Baylor not slipped at WV but instead lost to KSU it would have been a real mess. That would have been ideal as three would have ended on top with the one loss to one of the other leaders. Maybe next year :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Watch this:

Then read this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -champions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too funny! :P

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I don't think this move will work out well for them. Good for them. They need a championship game. Baylor wins next week against KSU and perhaps moves above TCU in the rankings.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

If TCU or Baylor make it to playoff, BYU can kiss goodbye their chance at a Big12 invite.
I have almost conceded that being a mid to cellar dweller in the Big 12 is slightly better than being back in the MWC. But I feel some serious crow coming on for TH for calling out MWC for being mediocre, bc I really don't see a Big 12 invite.
But TCU probably deserves a spot. But how do they leave out Baylor who beat them? That totally trumps TCU beating the team that beat Baylor.
I love that OSU is out of it. The only thing that make it better is if FSU loses the chump game and gets left out also.

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

Cougs_Rule wrote:If TCU or Baylor make it to playoff, BYU can kiss goodbye their chance at a Big12 invite.
I have almost conceded that being a mid to cellar dweller in the Big 12 is slightly better than being back in the MWC. But I feel some serious crow coming on for TH for calling out MWC for being mediocre, bc I really don't see a Big 12 invite.
But TCU probably deserves a spot. But how do they leave out Baylor who beat them? That totally trumps TCU beating the team that beat Baylor.
I love that OSU is out of it. The only thing that make it better is if FSU loses the chump game and gets left out also.
TCU and Baylor both making it would be awesome I think. The other conferences would freak out and put outside pressure on the Big12 to expand. That would be more powerful then them missing the nonplayoff playoff. If they miss out they still get to share their huge money including the 9 teams that wouldn't have been in the playoff. The other conferences need to force it to happen.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it