Dylan Collie Transferring to Hawaii Post-Mission

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Dylan Collie Transferring to Hawaii Post-Mission

Post by CrimsonCoug »

Wow. I was just wondering about him. That seems completely out of the blue, especially considering that he was at the fireside before the BYU-UVA game last year in Charlottesville, Virginia. Bronco pointed him out, and I think he even gave a prayer or a small talk or something. I thought it was a nice, appropriate way for Bronco to continue to connect with his players even while they were missionaries.
I talked to him a bit afterward, he seemed all BYU. He was laughing and joking around with the other players.
Something happened.

With all of the other news of people transferring, it's like the rats abandoning the ship before it goes down. I wonder: Is there something more to the rumors of Bronco leaving??

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stuckinbig10country »

The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.

Britain Covey, Gabe Reid, and Empey have many, many more options than their father's/brother's did. Guaranteed 2 of those 3 don't end up at BYU and it's likely that BYU goes 0-3 on them. Reid is the likeliest to go to BYU.

The change in the coaching situation at Timpview is not a good one for BYU. I fear the one at Bingham will be equally as bad.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

stuckinbig10country wrote:The Collie's have a big problem with Robert Anae.
Why? Austin Collie flourished under Anae.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Gunk wrote:
The Zac Collie quote goes something like, "he did about as well as you can do running only 4 types of routes."

I agree with you, Gunk, but for some reason they (Zac, Austin, their father) felt that Anae was holding him back in some way. It's one of the reasons Austin left early.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

stuckinbig10country wrote:
Gunk wrote:
The Zac Collie quote goes something like, "he did about as well as you can do running only 4 types of routes."

I agree with you, Gunk, but for some reason they (Zac, Austin, their father) felt that Anae was holding him back in some way. It's one of the reasons Austin left early.
Austin always seemed to have a bit of cockiness.

You're a WR. You basically either run in a straight line, run and make a turn or on ocassion run and make two turns.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

Gunk wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Gunk wrote:

Austin always seemed to have a bit of cockiness.

You're a WR. You basically either run in a straight line, run and make a turn or on ocassion run and make two turns.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Did Dylan commit when Doman was the O.C.? I have a hard time believing that they had issues with Anae's offense when he got Austin 5 years in the NFL which was only stunted due to the Colts OC running him a 5th route that took his head off.

Doman could have inserted that 5th route. Just ask Ross Apo.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it