Or.St. Press Conference Today @ 2:30 Mountain

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Wolverine
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Or.St. Press Conference Today @ 2:30 Mountain

Post by Wolverine »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Seriously, what the what!? Not only is it not a step up, it's pretty clearly a step down.
Maybe that 59-0 loss caused some stirrings like--if you want to leave, no hard feelings? Maybe it is I just saw WI FB next year and it is going down? Maybe it is, damn WI winters are cold? On its face it is a head scratcher....
I think it was a number of factors. A micro-managing AD who has deity status from his previous gig as head FB coach, a disenchanted fan base with unrealistic expectations (can't imagine that happening anywhere else), low salary commitment to assistants, and a desire to get back out west. This move makes perfect sense to me.

HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by HoosierCougar »

Mike Riley just ended a 14 year run at Oregon State with a step up to Nebraska.

Maybe Gary Andersen figures WI isn't in his long-term future and is thinking if he can be regularly bowl eligible at OSU he'll be there for the long haul.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

Wolverine wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Seriously, what the what!? Not only is it not a step up, it's pretty clearly a step down.
Maybe that 59-0 loss caused some stirrings like--if you want to leave, no hard feelings? Maybe it is I just saw WI FB next year and it is going down? Maybe it is, damn WI winters are cold? On its face it is a head scratcher....
I think it was a number of factors. A micro-managing AD who has deity status from his previous gig as head FB coach, a disenchanted fan base with unrealistic expectations (can't imagine that happening anywhere else), low salary commitment to assistants, and a desire to get back out west. This move makes perfect sense to me.
And he is used to recruiting west coast.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image