Trent Trammell Transferring Too!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Trent Trammell Transferring Too!

Post by snoscythe »

Supposedly Bronco doesn't know of any other guys transferring out, so it's Collie, Kearsley, Leavitt, and Trammell.

Ouch for the secondary's depth.

snoscythe
Retired

Re: Trent Trammell Transferring Too!

Post by snoscythe »

Leavitt and Collie have been granted unconditional releases and Trammell is graduating and therefore doesn't need a release.

Bronco won't release Kearsley til he catches up academically, which at first I thought was a petty move, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and the message it sends to academic slackers.

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

I should be more concerned then I am but after how our DB's performed this year, when they were supposed to be much above the BYU average, I'm strangely ok with it. (Cue the argument that we didn't get any pressure on the QB's (cue the following argument on semantics that our D-line isn't supposed to get pressure))

I can't remember this many guys that received playing time leaving though.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

snoscythe wrote:Leavitt and Collie have been granted unconditional releases and Trammell is graduating and therefore doesn't need a release.

Bronco won't release Kearsley til he catches up academically, which at first I thought was a petty move, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and the message it sends to academic slackers.
And even this is to help Kearsley so he can get financial aid while he has to sit out at his next university. If he transfers without being academically released from the university, he can't get financial aid.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

I thought it interesting that Mendenhall said that he granted Collie a release before this season. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32728133&nid=49 ... witterfeed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And that frees up 4 scholarships. Hopefully they can be put to good use.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Fido wrote:I thought it interesting that Mendenhall said that he granted Collie a release before this season. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32728133&nid=49 ... witterfeed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And that frees up 4 scholarships. Hopefully they can be put to good use.
I'm actually more excited for the freed up schollies than disappointed in the players leaving.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

It doesn't do an good to have players that are not motivated to be there. There is no irreplaceable man. We'll just plug in some more good players with those scholarships either from the JC ranks or with new recruits. It's not like any of them were KVN, Ansah, Austin Collie, etc.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

Leavit was beat out by Povey (more assignment sound) and Harvey Jackson got more of his minutes as the season progressed. Kearsley is an academic casualty that had trouble keepin up with homework and rigors of BYU academics. Trammel could never make it onto the field as Davis and Preator progressed nicely as season wore on. Collie would have had to beat out Dye and the H-back twin from TX who is a better version of JD Falslev. There are some good players that were being recruited that now can have offer given. Win - win for BYU as they get players that will likely be more or as talented and hopefully can contribute immediately.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

stuckinbig10country wrote:
snoscythe wrote:Leavitt and Collie have been granted unconditional releases and Trammell is graduating and therefore doesn't need a release.

And even this is to help Kearsley so he can get financial aid while he has to sit out at his next university. If he transfers without being academically released from the university, he can't get financial aid.
And if Kearsley transfer without being academically eligible to play, then BYU takes a hit on their APR (graduation rate) which the Cougars were flirting with previously on losing scholarships.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!