Motekiai Langi--6'7" 410 Lineman ??

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Motekiai Langi--6'7" 410 Lineman ??

Post by snoscythe »

Pretty sure part of any football camp is a scrimmage...

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I think the pictures that have surfaced go to show what a reach Bronco is making. I think Bronco knows and knew nothing about Langi. He didn't know he had been to a football camp. I think he saw/met him before he went to the MTC, saw how big he was, remembered Coach Kaufusi has said he was light on his feet, so Bronco said, what the heck, we did it once with Ziggy, we can do it a second time with this guy too.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

At least he didn't tell him "I don't trust you" within 5 minutes of meeting him. I consider that to be a step in the right direction .

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

Perhaps when Motekiai shook his hand he had no other option than to offer him a schollie if he wanted it back.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BlueIsBetter wrote:At least he didn't tell him "I don't trust you" within 5 minutes of meeting him. I consider that to be a step in the right direction .
See - modern day miracles do happen. ;)

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

If you look at most BYU recruiting classes (and most colleges in general)... the vast majority of signees don't pan out.. so why not shoot for the stars on a few?

At 410 for him to have nearly no gut, a very solid frame... I'm stoked that Bronco is willing consider the importance of size at the NT and I pray that this kid shows that he can make it work. I would love to have a BYU NT = NFL player type of pipeline and if this kid makes it, it'll be hard to forget.

So many people were crying about the lack of Tejan Koroma's height and if you read TBS they thought Bronco and the coaches had failed again at finding a center (after Blair Tushaus was too small but truthfully he was too soft) .. I love these high risk, under the radar type of signings... they give our team a personality and they have a very high ceiling.

Sometimes they don't pan out... so what, most recruits don't. Ask Ross Apo and Jake Heaps.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

craigoscarson wrote:If you look at most BYU recruiting classes (and most colleges in general)... the vast majority of signees don't pan out.. so why not shoot for the stars on a few?

At 410 for him to have nearly no gut, a very solid frame... I'm stoked that Bronco is willing consider the importance of size at the NT and I pray that this kid shows that he can make it work. I would love to have a BYU NT = NFL player type of pipeline and if this kid makes it, it'll be hard to forget.

So many people were crying about the lack of Tejan Koroma's height and if you read TBS they thought Bronco and the coaches had failed again at finding a center (after Blair Tushaus was too small but truthfully he was too soft) .. I love these high risk, under the radar type of signings... they give our team a personality and they have a very high ceiling.

Sometimes they don't pan out... so what, most recruits don't. Ask Ross Apo and Jake Heaps.
And to be honest, it will likely be pretty quickly apparent whether it will work out or not. There really is no downside with this offer. He may balloon on his mission and just come back in no shape for football. Technically his NLI is only good for 2015, so BYU wouldn't be under any binding requirement to honor it in 2017. And he doesn't tie up a scholie in the interim. It's a great chance.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

It was worth it just for the buzz and hopefully it opens some doors on his mission.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

scott715 wrote:It was worth it just for the buzz and hopefully it opens some doors on his mission.

More like DOUBLE doors, amirite?

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
scott715 wrote:It was worth it just for the buzz and hopefully it opens some doors on his mission.

More like DOUBLE doors, amirite?

:)