John Beck now with 3DQB

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

John Beck now with 3DQB

Post by snoscythe »

I was just reading a story about Tim Tebow's training regimen with passing "guru" Tom House--the guy who was Jake Heaps personal QB coach through HS and his time at BYU, and I was surprised when John Beck's name popped up.

Turns out John Beck is now working with House's 3DQB as an instructor with Tebow and their other clients, not only on passing mechanics, but on reading defenses, route progressions, etc.

http://www.train3dqb.com/about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best of luck to John as he transitions away from a playing career, and here's hoping he can coach the next Jake Heaps to have some courage as well as skill.

CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: John Beck now with 3DQB

Post by CrimsonCoug »

Good find.
After a bit of this, I'd love to see Jo Beck replace Ja Beck. Nothing against Ja Beck, but I just don't see that he's done a whole lot. Certainly hasn't advocated well to get and keep guys (CStew an exception, but that's like 1/3 or 1/4). And Taysom's comments last year about finally getting with a QB coach that could explain to him the fundamentals and issues with his mechanics--and saying that he'd never had a coach be able to tell him why a pass would sail on him--made me realize that while Ja Beck is a great guy, he's not getting it done. And the guy that recommended that coach to Taysom? John Beck. Not Jason.

Plus, nobody bleeds bluer than John; he'd be great on the recruiting trail. He's also a fantastic student of the game, and loves spending hours in film and sharing what he sees. And he's the best at picking apart a defense BYU has seen since Ty Detmer.

Signed, John's uncle. (J/K--I know that sounded like a JoBeck infomercial though)

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: John Beck now with 3DQB

Post by Stirfry »

CrimsonCoug wrote:Good find.
And Taysom's comments last year about finally getting with a QB coach that could explain to him the fundamentals and issues with his mechanics--and saying that he'd never had a coach be able to tell him why a pass would sail on him--
Now just imagine if your QB coach was a former receiver for your rival that had quit on you multiple times! :utard:

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it