BYU's 2015 home schedule

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
YNot
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU's 2015 home schedule

Post by YNot »

stuckinbig10country wrote:I actually see with BYU getting the P5 label from all conferences other teams (for example, Boise State) trying to make a run at independence. Nothing will be decided until the grants of rights for the TV contracts come up in the conferences though.
Let's convince Boise St., UConn, and Cincinnati to make a run at independence. I'm sure the Big East would welcome UConn's and CIncinnati's Olympic sports. Boise St. could try the Big West, Big Sky, or the WAC for its Olympic sports. Not a great fit for the private-religious WCC.

Anyway, that could give us 3 decent football opponents every October and November. Sprinkle in some MWC and UMass amongst 5 or 6 games against the P5 and it would be a great scenario for BYU.
stuckinbig10country wrote:I'm surprised bigger schools like USC and Texas haven't decided they don't want to supplement the coffers of the Washington State and Iowa State athletic departments, and go independent. Those schools would likely command more money from Fox, ESPN/ABC, CBS than even Notre Dame is getting.
According to the 2013 article below, Notre Dame actually makes less from its NBC football deal than most teams in P5 conferences - $15 million per year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -deal-2025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The SEC announced per team payouts last year of about $21 million.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... per-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm fairly certain that the Big 12 and Big Ten had even higher per-team payouts.

So, there could be strength-in-numbers factors at work that will keep USC and Texas at bay for now. IMO, Texas is the most likely to bolt if they could find a Notre Dame-type deal with the ACC.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

It's risky to go indy for those teams however I love the idea of an indy "conference".

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

1967cougar wrote:I am amazed at the number of people who leave a bad room, shut the door, and then want to go back into that room knowing that nothing has changed.
If you left the frying pan into the fire, would you rather be back in the frying pan, or in the fire?

Independence is a dead man's game, burnt to a crisp. Even ND (who has all the exceptions and inclusions in the world, which we do not) sees the writing on the wall.

I don't want back into the MWC, but it would be better for both sports than independence is, provided we can keep our broadcasting rights, which is something that the MWC worked on with BSU, if I remember correctly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Brayden Green wrote:
1967cougar wrote:I am amazed at the number of people who leave a bad room, shut the door, and then want to go back into that room knowing that nothing has changed.
If you left the frying pan into the fire, would you rather be back in the frying pan, or in the fire?

Independence is a dead man's game, burnt to a crisp. Even ND (who has all the exceptions and inclusions in the world, which we do not) sees the writing on the wall.

I don't want back into the MWC, but it would be better for both sports than independence is, provided we can keep our broadcasting rights, which is something that the MWC worked on with BSU, if I remember correctly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
No way is the MWC better than independance. it's 5 or 6 steps back in both football and Basketball. Less tv. Less broadcastignin basketball. IN the WCC we are boradcastign away games. What are the odds that could happen in the MWC? exactly zero. Independance means that we own rebraodcast rights of every single home game. How many of theirs does BSU own? Zero. WOuld the MWC give BYU a "better" deal than BSU? No. And you would have us give up all of that to go and play in Laramie? No way!

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

Here is the 2015 schedule poster:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Fido wrote:Here is the 2015 schedule poster:
Have we checked with any beer companies to see if they are using this?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!