College Football Teams That Could Be Hurt By Hard Schedules

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: College Football Teams That Could Be Hurt By Hard Schedu

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Bronco is in more denial than TH. He won't go backwards, yet he can't beat teams he should, let alone NY6 BSU. and so wait for a couple 6-6 seasons or worse and he will crumble from his pride and fan/donor rejection. He can't beat MWC teams let alone his RIVAL Utes. And he wouldn't win the MWC hardly ever, so, ya, probably doesn't want back in a conference he can't win. Movie makers call that suspension of disbelief. I can that
Plausible deniability or better yet, an improbable possibility.
BYU isn't getting a P5 invite and so it will be a team without a nation, a vagabond, and it's only going to get worse with unnecessarily difficult schedules and mediocre records.
Fans will turn on Bronco; Bronco will turn on fans first then BYU, blaming them all the way to the bank and abject obscurity to a horse farm in a land far far away where he doesn't have to face any BYU fans or the ignominy that awaits.
And next time you challenge my commitment to BYU please PM me and let's compare donations. I love BYU. I even like bronco and hope none of this happens that I'm predicting. But its brewing and will be exposed this year.

byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byucougar1 »

The Heaps/Riley years plus last season seemed to have jaded your assessment of the future of BYU. Some context is clearly needed. Look at the dominant teams of the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. Until last year, my Alma Mater OSU was labeled as a team that stumbled and collapsed against SEC speed...their bowl record showed it. PSU, Miami and even TAM have struggled with QB issues and former dominance. I believe the QBs in the pipeline: Mangum, Hoge, Wilstead, Detmer, will help alleviate the depth problem. The O is beginning to resemble the D of old (not last years anomaly) in terms of proficiency so I see a much better future. This year will provide a very good barometer of things to come with a healthy TH, JW, MM, Kurtz, Blackmon and company.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

byucougar1 wrote:The Heaps/Riley years plus last season seemed to have jaded your assessment of the future of BYU. Some context is clearly needed. Look at the dominant teams of the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. Until last year, my Alma Mater OSU was labeled as a team that stumbled and collapsed against SEC speed...their bowl record showed it. PSU, Miami and even TAM have struggled with QB issues and former dominance. I believe the QBs in the pipeline: Mangum, Hoge, Wilstead, Detmer, will help alleviate the depth problem. The O is beginning to resemble the D of old (not last years anomaly) in terms of proficiency so I see a much better future. This year will provide a very good barometer of things to come with a healthy TH, JW, MM, Kurtz, Blackmon and company.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Thanks for proving my point. In what CONTEXT did BYU "dominate"?
As for OSU, what changed?? Hello?