BYU jumps into the playing players realm.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU jumps into the playing players realm.

Post by SpiffCoug »

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2465529-15 ... y-4500-for" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

on a similar note I now hate that the SL Trib makes you take a stupid survey to read their online content. I haven't done a survey yet.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: BYU jumps into the playing players realm.

Post by Fido »

Wow....I guess that is how they are going to try and stay competitive--by throwing more money at them. Let's see how it works out.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

$4,500 COA

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

SpiffCoug wrote: on a similar note I now hate that the SL Trib makes you take a stupid survey to read their online content. I haven't done a survey yet.
Hawkwing suggested Adblock. I added it to my Chrome and no surveys or ads. So far so good.

I just made a lap through SL Trib, Facebook, ESPN and Daily Herald and no ads and no slow down. Incredible.
Last edited by EM_Puma on Sun May 03, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://m.chronicle.com/article/At-Least ... ams/229229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

I like it.

On a side note, any "players shouldn't get paid warriors" feel bad about us paying the players now that we are paying more than the PAC 10.2?

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I was totally surprised to see BYU offer more than any school in the PAC12? Shocked that USC was on the bottom of the PAC12 payout. Wow, I guess they still believe people will come just because they are USC. They are one of the few non-state universities in the PAC12 and are private. It will be interesting to see if they stay in that position. I'd have to believe state subsidized universities will be, unless they are a Alabama, Ohio State or Nebraska with such huge facilities and attendance, more hard pressed to pony-up larger sums of stipends.

We're going to have to see how this plays out, but I'm comfortable knowing my university is leading the they way at the front of the herd instead of the conservative middle.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Brayden Green wrote:I like it.

On a side note, any "players shouldn't get paid warriors" feel bad about us paying the players now that we are paying more than the PAC 10.2?
I absolutely hate that any school is paying players.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

What I need to see is an article that paints a true picture of what is true and wasn't isn't true in regards to COA. I'm seeing some saying the overall amount is restricted by issues related to the cost of scholarships reported to the Federal govt while others indicating that there is a cap related to that, but some schools are choosing to pay less (USC). What are the official guidelines and what real latitude do schools have?

Is the real reason BYU thus far is in the top 10% of COA's offered because they want that recruiting advantage, they have more money to play with, or is it totally a gamble because we're behind where we want to be?

If what is being reported stays the same, I can't see BYU not have a significant advantage for recruiting that they didn't have before. How could most athletes picking between BYU and Utah legitimately say, "Yea, the PAC12 exposure is worth the $4,000 less I'm going to receive over 4 years of going to Utah vs. BYU." If it was that simple I would think the scales just swung back significantly in our favor and that just doesn't seem like it could truly be happening.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-couga ... ce-stipend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BYU #10