Report: Tom Brady and Patriots knowingly cheated

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Report: Tom Brady and Patriots knowingly cheated

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:It's good to see Tom Brady's mom weigh in on the report.
Just wait until super model lady weighs in!
She doesn't have much weight to throw around...
I do enjoy watching it though.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:It's good to see Tom Brady's mom weigh in on the report.
Just wait until super model lady weighs in!
She doesn't have much weight to throw around...
I do enjoy watching it though.
Maybe it's me, but I don't see any deflated balls there

bostoncoug
BLUEshirt

Post by bostoncoug »

Ok, as the apparent Lone "wolf" not airwolf... Don't worry about that.. Patriot fan here I've been watching everything that's been going on. I know I'm coming at this with my Patriot goggles, but here goes.

If you want to discredit the Patriots last SuperBowl win due to footballs being flatter than fine, go ahead, but to discredit the previous three due to Spygate.... That's just ignorance, ignorance of what Sypgate was about. Spygate was NOT about the Patriots filming other teams practices (the one report that said they were was discredited), if you think it was about them filming practices, they weren't, if you think they were the only team video taping signals... they weren't and aren't. Video taping signals is STILL LEGAL, it's like real estate, Location, Location, Location. In 2006, (two years after the 3rd SuperBowl win) the league banned teams from video taping signals from a certain spot in the stadium and made the videographers move to another spot in the stadium. Did you know that in 2006 the Jets violated that rule and were docked only money? In 2007, the JETS.... called the Patriots out and the commish.. (A former employee of the Jets) brought the hammer down. Now, apparently due to the Jets actions, another strongly worded letter was sent out forbidding the practice which the Patriots ignored.. (which was STUPID btw, they shouldn't have been doing that), and the commish brought the hammer down. And if you think the Patriots are the only team that cheats, and that's what gives them an advantage.... check out this site. http://yourteamcheats.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Any and all violations of league rules by each team is presented, along with context, sanctions etc. You can also read up on what Spygate was REALLY about. So, if cheating is the only thing that the Patriots do to make them winners, than why haven't the Falcons, Browns etc of the league been winning SuperBowls?

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

My brother sent me the article on how the teams have cheated. Because they cheat It is not an excuse to cheat. The nfl needs to clean things up. Start now by not giving in on Brady, or the team. The coach should face charges too. They should also review the other cheaters and stop as much as they can. If you can't keep the rules, how much worse is it going to get? How soon until there is just a free for all on the field and all the teams are guilty but yours?

Shouldn't this be under pro sports?

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Sorry, a website CLEARLY made by a Pats fan in response to the report, featuring an arbitrary ratings system by the clearly biased user... not interested. But if that is what you need to keep your own confirmation bias and Fandom going, go right ahead.

The Jets are listed as the number 1 cheaters, and as part of their portfolio, they got 2.5 "cameras" out of 5 - whatever the hell that means - for "tampering" when the owner was asked last year by a reporter if he would even be interested in bringing back Revis as a free agent, considering their rocky past.

So, you mean to tell me that Sean Payton gets a year suspension for having a bounty board paying his players bonuses for injuring the other team (which, if you have ever watched football once, you would realize is the actual goal of every defense, at any level besides flag football, period).

So Payton gets a year suspension for essentially paying his players bonuses for doing their jobs, and Belicheat gets zero suspension for actually cheating as a constant repeat offender?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Brayden Green wrote:Sorry, a website CLEARLY made by a Pats fan in response to the report, featuring an arbitrary ratings system by the clearly biased user... not interested. But if that is what you need to keep your own confirmation bias and Fandom going, go right ahead.

The Jets are listed as the number 1 cheaters, and as part of their portfolio, they got 2.5 "cameras" out of 5 - whatever the hell that means - for "tampering" when the owner was asked last year by a reporter if he would even be interested in bringing back Revis as a free agent, considering their rocky past.

So, you mean to tell me that Sean Payton gets a year suspension for having a bounty board paying his players bonuses for injuring the other team (which, if you have ever watched football once, you would realize is the actual goal of every defense, at any level besides flag football, period).

So Payton gets a year suspension for essentially paying his players bonuses for doing their jobs, and Belicheat gets zero suspension for actually cheating as a constant repeat offender?

Oh, and by the way, it was never proven that the saints were actually doing what they were accused of doing. Had a couple former players say it happened is all.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

If you cheat to win, you've already lost.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:If you cheat to win, you've already lost.
But you get some sparkly rings in the process... and everyone cheats anyways.

- Signed, Patriots fan.

Last edited by Brayden Green on Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

Interesting Kraft speaks:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/18/robert-kr ... flategate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kraft’s anger is based largely on the fact that he feels the Wells Report chose to highlight some bits of science and ignore others. For instance, there were two gauges to measure the air pressure in footballs in the officials’ locker room before the AFC title game. Referee Walt Anderson couldn’t swear which he used to do the pregame measurements, but his “best recollection” is he used a Wilson-logoed air-pressure gauge to measure the footballs. The Patriots’ footballs were found to be at or near 12.5 pounds per square inch. At halftime, after the Colts told the league a ball Brady threw in the first half that was intercepted by Colt linebacker D’Qwell Jackson felt under-inflated, 11 Patriots footballs were measured for air pressure at halftime. On page 113 of the Wells Report, after a description of the scientific Ideal Gas Law, Wells says the Patriots footballs should have measured between 11.32 psi and 11.52 psi, based on the effects the weather conditions would have had on the balls in the first half of the game. The average of the Wilson-logoed gauge measurements of the 11 footballs was 11.49 psi, which would put the balls well within range of the predicted halftime pressure. The other gauge measured the balls, on average, at 11.11 psi, which was seen as below the minimum allowed by the Ideal Gas Law and a sign the footballs may have been tampered. But what if Anderson used the Wilson-logoed gauge pregame, and again at halftime, and the balls were in the proper range as predicted by science?"

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb