Garett Bolles Decommits

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Garett Bolles Decommits

Post by Ddawg »

Not good for BYU's OL. Top Juco OL Garett Bolles, Snow College, has de-commited from BYU and opened up his recruiting process.

Hello Alabama, Oregon, Auburn, Ohio St, Auburn ......

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-couga ... abama-ohio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Garett Bolles Decommits

Post by BroncoBot »

Frustrating but good luck to him.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We have not been eliminated yet. He still likes BYU but has to explore other options. Here's to hoping.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

scott715 wrote:We have not been eliminated yet. He still likes BYU but has to explore other options. Here's to hoping.
Tale as old as time...

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BroncoBot wrote:
scott715 wrote:We have not been eliminated yet. He still likes BYU but has to explore other options. Here's to hoping.
Tale as old as time...
Exactly. It's equivalent to having your girlfriend tell you - "I just want to be friends." :whistle:

I hope Garett choses the Y. His draft prospects will not be diminished. Talent is talent. Not holding my breath though.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

I am not disappointed by this. I suspected he was never coming to BYU a soon as all these schools started offering him.

schools don't just offer kdis who have committed to BYU. that usually scares them away..... unless that player is telling them it is a soft commitment and he is interested in other offers.

all those offers coming in made me think he was not as serious as he was saying.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BroncoBot wrote:
Tale as old as time...

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. Four start recruit Dayan Lake did something similar last year, and in the end he still ended up at BYU. Bolles has a great relationship with Coach 2J. I imagine how well BYU OL and the team plays this year could factor into the decision. 2J is a great recruiter and a player's coach. That relationship will count for something.

MileHighCougarFan
Recruit

Post by MileHighCougarFan »

I think this is a really good development, both for Bolles and Jackson (for basketball.) I do not think that it automatically means that either of them are not going to eventually end up back at the Y. From a practical life standpoint, and a gospel standpoint, the best decisions are almost always made when due diligence is performed. Even the scriptures say to "Study it out in your mind." Let them go see what is out there, get info, pray about it, and make a sure decision they can truly commit to.

In the long run it is better for the team to have players who look elsewhere and then decide to commit to BYU and give it 107%, than to have players who commit and even play, then decide to transfer later (Leavitt and Kearsley come to mind.)

They are going about it the right way. Communicating with BYU coaches as to what their intentions are, talking to other coaches and teams, making visits, etc., having all the info they need then making a decision and having no regrets that maybe had they done something differently they would be happy elsewhere.

If you are worried that the girl you are dating is going to fall for some other dude just because she visits his apartment, you should be doing more to work on yourself and remember you cannot, and should not, control others.

Certainly, if I was a potential player and cared what the fans think, I certainly would be turned off by those who wrote me off just for being forthright about my intentions.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

MileHighCougarFan wrote:I think this is a really good development, both for Bolles and Jackson (for basketball.) I do not think that it automatically means that either of them are not going to eventually end up back at the Y. From a practical life standpoint, and a gospel standpoint, the best decisions are almost always made when due diligence is performed. Even the scriptures say to "Study it out in your mind." Let them go see what is out there, get info, pray about it, and make a sure decision they can truly commit to.

In the long run it is better for the team to have players who look elsewhere and then decide to commit to BYU and give it 107%, than to have players who commit and even play, then decide to transfer later (Leavitt and Kearsley come to mind.)

They are going about it the right way. Communicating with BYU coaches as to what their intentions are, talking to other coaches and teams, making visits, etc., having all the info they need then making a decision and having no regrets that maybe had they done something differently they would be happy elsewhere.

If you are worried that the girl you are dating is going to fall for some other dude just because she visits his apartment, you should be doing more to work on yourself and remember you cannot, and should not, control others.

Certainly, if I was a potential player and cared what the fans think, I certainly would be turned off by those who wrote me off just for being forthright about my intentions.
I tell my kids all the time that people who give more than 100% but only "just" over 100% (i.e. 110%) are total wieniers. I expect either "all" (100%) or, if 100 percent is not all they have, that they give 3 billion percent. 110 is so small they need to go home.