Okay seriously, enough of this offseason

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Okay seriously, enough of this offseason

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

That's it, I can't take it anymore!

Fall camp is a few weeks away, the end of summer is getting closer. It's time to get rowdy in Provo town for the Cougs.

I tend to be a bit optimistic at the start of each fall, but I don't care, because you just never know when that special season comes.

Here's my offseason ramblings. I think we go 3-1 in September. SO THERE. I think we come firing out of the gate in Nebraska, and the offense marches down the field on its first possession. This one will feel like the Oklahoma win. Mark it down, baby! I think we can take the donkeys in Provo, and Cougar nation will be going insane and have big home crowd support. I do think we drop either UCLA or Michigan, but not both. Here's to a 3-1 start!

A one loss or better September will do wonders for this program. Ohhhhh freeeeeak, I'm feeling it!

Keys to the special season:
1. O-line dominance. Ryker, Tejan, Ului et al...you gotta protect that backfield and make the holes when we need them. Taysom's throwing has improved. Got to give him the time and protection. Opponent d-lines will be on the attack. PROTECT!
2. Passing defense. I've got the faith in the d-line and linebackers to stop the run, but we have got to contain the pass better than we did in 2014. We need corners who can blanket opponent receivers week after week, all game long. Who will rise up?
3. Healthy players, duh.
4. Cougar craziness. For this season to be special, we need a few players to step up like never before. 10+ sacks from Bronson, 1500 yards from Nick Kurtz and Devon Blackmon, and I want two, count em, TWO kickoff returns brought to the house from Mr. Adam Hine. Double tight set with the bash brothers, let's lay the hurt you animals! Show college football what's what in Provo!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Okay seriously, enough of this offseason

Post by scott715 »

We got a couple of young kids that could become good pass rushers. If Bronco can develop them, the pass defense will be much better this year.