Taysom Hill will not win the Heisman......

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
MesaCougFan
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Taysom Hill will not win the Heisman......

Post by MesaCougFan »

..... and probably won't even come close.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-couga ... -happening" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Taysom Hill will not win the Heisman......

Post by Fido »

:lol: Shocker.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

He's got the best chance of anyone not in the P5 since Ty Detmer. Still won't win.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by stuckinbig10country on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

This article is mostly correct but I think he could start anywhere, if not at qb they'd find a place for him.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

................and it looks like we are at that point in the preseason where the bloggers and talking heads are staking out the high-probability positions so they can say "I-told-you-so" next off-season.

In other news: Bronson Kaufusi won't set a single season sacks record and won't get drafted as high as Ziggy, Fred Warner won't reproduce KVN's Jr season campaign, and BYU won't go undefeated--call me a prophet when these shocking predictions come to fruition.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

What a terrible article. Is this his attempt at converting all BYU fans into realists? Let's set our expectations so low that if we finish over .500 we can all feel good about it. After all it's not the best team that wins. It's the team with the most NFL drafted players that always wins. So there is no way any team outside the P5 conf could ever win a major award.
His logic sounds good but when you think about it they are mostly just regurgitated ideas from talking heads. Only eastern players win it. Somebody forgot to tell Linert, Palmer, Bush, and Mariota that they should have played in the East. BTW since 2000 only four players playing their home games on EST have won it.
One thing that did catch my eye. The comment about 2015 Ohio State. I guess he is predicting an OSU player winning it this year. I'm sure being an OSU grad has nothing to do with it.
Here really lost me though when he said TH has to make huge jumps in his level of play. So 3000k passing and 1300k rushing are pedestrian? I guess it was the 66% comp that dropped him. Mariota blew him away (68%). Winston finished at 65%. I would say a significant jump by Taysom would be nice. Say 4000+ passing and 1500 rushing would be nice.
But alas TH has no chance if he only slightly improves. I guess I'll go bow at a p5 alter and pray that he at least gets one vote and that BYU is at least somewhat competitive against such superior talent.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Gunk wrote:I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.

I'll take one!

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

hawkwing wrote:
Gunk wrote:I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.

I'll take one!

Hmm which will take me longer to feel comfortable wearing in public. My "Hill for Heisman" shirt or my "I agree with Max" shirt? :sick:

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Stirfry wrote:
hawkwing wrote:

I'll take one!

Hmm which will take me longer to feel comfortable wearing in public. My "Hill for Heisman" shirt or my "I agree with Max" shirt? :sick:
So why would it be embarrassing to wear a "Hill for Heisman" shirt?