CB Michael Davis facing assault and rioting charges

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: CB Michael Davis facing assault and rioting charges

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

I am okay with "rioting" against petty, self-righteous, and aggressive parking permit Nazis.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

Gunk wrote:If Davis indeed touched the guy then he may not have much of a chance. Could be the guy got in Davis's face and Davis pushed him off. Innocent until proven guilty, and the great thing is since there will be a trail we will get to hear all the juicy details and get to talk about it again and again.

He won't be convicted, IMO. Hard for me to see a jury doing it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

SpiffCoug wrote:Anyone know what the recidivism rate is for people who get their cars booted? I bet it's pretty low.
I can beat that. Let's apply the death penalty. That'll show em. If trying to control the population from comitting minor "crimes" is the thing we value most, there are even more efficient ways to guarantee compliance.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
mraven
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by mraven »

Most of this thread is about the car being "booted". While I hate the parking Nazis as much as the next guy, who said anything about the car being booted? Everything I've read just talks about two guys getting into a fight over a parking spot. Am I missing something?

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

mraven wrote:Most of this thread is about the car being "booted". While I hate the parking Nazis as much as the next guy, who said anything about the car being booted? Everything I've read just talks about two guys getting into a fight over a parking spot. Am I missing something?
You know, you're right. When the story broke there was mention of a "boot", but the more detailed reports coming out this week describe where Davis had parked in someone's reserved parking spot and the individual called for a truck to tow Davis's car. Then the altercation occurred where the "owner" received "'visible injuries on his neck' that did not require medical attention when authorities arrived at the scene."

The inciting a riot charge, which to me is even more bizarre, apparently came about because Davis was accompanied by two other males, who apparently weren't happy either about the incident.

Just silly stuff.

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

EM_Puma wrote:Then the altercation occurred where the "owner" received "'visible injuries on his neck' that did not require medical attention when authorities arrived.
This is what worries me. Did the dude make it up? Did Davis go Latrell sprewell on the dude? Head lock? Maybe he grabbed the dudes pucha shell necklace.
The best news is the school and bronco have already said its been addressed.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

One charge has been reduced and the other dismissed in the case.

Davis, pleaded no contest on Oct. 1 to a Class B misdemeanor assault charge that had been reduced from a Class A misdemeanor charge.

A Class B misdemeanor charge of riot against Davis was dismissed.

According to court documents, Davis must pay a fine of $250. He was placed on probation for one year and must complete an anger management class. The documents state that Davis has already completed 30 hours of community service.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

About what I expected.

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/byusports/3 ... reduced-in" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;