Bad news for Riley and Nebraska

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
nickdutson
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bad news for Riley and Nebraska

Post by nickdutson »

http://www.kptv.com/story/29943860/form ... -1999-rape" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Bad news for Riley and Nebraska

Post by SpiffCoug »

WOW!

Makes me wonder two things: 1) Is this one of the reasons why he left OS? 2) Will Nebraska let him coach or will he be allowed to deal with the issue.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:WOW!

Makes me wonder two things: 1) Is this one of the reasons why he left OS? 2) Will Nebraska let him coach or will he be allowed to deal with the issue.
I think this little more than a distraction for Riley. Dennis Erickson, the paragon of running a virtuous program (see: "The U"), was the coach at Or.St, when this all went down, and Riley was in the NFL. I think whoever filed this suit didn't really research who the coach was at the time....probably figured Riley has always been the coach in Corvallis. But, all of this happened during Riley's three-year hiatus from the Beavers.

I think Riley gets cleared from this relatively quickly/painlessly with a lot of apologies from the genius who filed the case. If Erickson gets involved, Utah might have to let him go and learn how to cope with only three offensive coordinators on staff...

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Seems like a pretty difficult case to prove after 16-17 years. Only evidence mentioned in the article was the victims account, and even that didn't mention any specific players. definitely don't see how Riley has anything to do with this.

nickdutson
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nickdutson »

snoscythe wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:WOW!

I think this little more than a distraction for Riley. Dennis Erickson, the paragon of running a virtuous program (see: "The U"), was the coach at Or.St, when this all went down, and Riley was in the NFL. I think whoever filed this suit didn't really research who the coach was at the time....probably figured Riley has always been the coach in Corvallis. But, all of this happened during Riley's three-year hiatus from the Beavers.

I think Riley gets cleared from this relatively quickly/painlessly with a lot of apologies from the genius who filed the case. If Erickson gets involved, Utah might have to let him go and learn how to cope with only three offensive coordinators on staff...
The plaintiff's lawsuit claims OSU and then-head football coach Mike Riley failed to take appropriate action in regard to Carlyle's involvement in the 1998 case and that administrators and staff were "deliberately indifferent" and actively suppressed reports of sexual harassment and assault by football players to protect the school's reputation amid falling enrollment.