Go Wolverines

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Go Wolverines

Post by hawkwing »

blue42 wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:But I won't be able to watch all of it...I have a date with a pretty girl, and that's more fun than watching the Utes do anything.
Heck even a date with an ugly girl would be more fun! :lol:

Between choosing to go on a date with an ugly girl or watch one coaching the Utes I'd go on the date any day!

Wolverine
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Wolverine »

EM_Puma wrote:Wow, the two teams I hate the most in this land.

I've always been a conference guy so as my Buckeyes are my second favorite team, and a win by Michigan favors them AND BYU in SOS, Go Wolverines!

As much as I do hate the Wolverines, I was able to always pull for them in the old days when they represented the B1G and went to the Rose Bowl. Also, Wolverines generally never lived around you in your neighborhood, so there wasn't this opportunity to REALLY grow to dislike them like I do with Puketah. I can't think of much more football wise today that could bring me more enjoyment than seeing the Pukes plastered on the walls of "The Big House".
Puma, you are a much better man than I am and I pay you the utmost respect. As a kid growing up in Southeast Michigan, I completely idolized Bo Schembechler and his teams from the late 60's and 70's. Woody Hayes and his Buckeyes were the #1 enemy in my eyes. I still remember the bumper sticker on our car during the 70's energy crises that read; "Save Fuel, Burn Woody". To this day I still cannot bring myself to root for the Buckeyes regardless of who they are playing. Yes, I know, very juvenile on my part. I will be in the Big House in a few weeks for the BYU game and I can't wait. For me it will become my ultimate gameday experience. I haven't lived in Michigan in over 37 years now and I have to admit that my BYU alum ties and living here in the west for so many years will have me wearing my BYU gear in the Big House. Is that sacreligious on my part considering that cheering for the Maize and Blue as a kid was indeed a religious experience in and of itself? Probably, but for me now it is Cougars #1 and Wolverines #2.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Michigan is likewise my #2 most hated team. My teams are #1 BYU, #1a Baylor, #2 OSU. OSU used to be #1 until I felt snubbed by them in HS and they lost a bit of luster. That said, when my wife asked me what instrument we should try to get my 7 year old boy to play, my only suggestion was "sousaphone".

Despite that, there is no adequate description for how much I want to see the Wolverines take the Utes to the woodshed on opening night with a national audience. I don't have a lot of trust that it will happen that way (I've said 100 times that I don't think Harbaugh is a quick fix guy), but anything can happen in the first game of the year, especially when there is a new coach on one sideline that leaves little film or data for the opposition to break down.

Michigan has a puncher's chance here, I just hope they punch like mid- to late-80s Iron Mike.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Stinkin Utes. I hope Whittingham gets Crohn's disease, Wilson has a stroke and can't use his throwing arm, and the rest of the team meets their demise in a plane crash on the way to Fresno.

The upside is, both Michigan and Utah St look vulnerable.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

USU looks worse than MI. They only beat SUU (Ammon Olson is QB) 12-9 in Logan and Keaton played very poorly. Crowton is OC for SUU and it appears they have improved dramatically.

MI is vulnerable in the passing game with pressure and the Yewts still don't have a very good offense. I think KW gave Bronco a very good defensive recipe for the game in the Big House and BYU will put up more points against MI than the team up north.

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

BTW I am an OSU grad and still have BYU as my #1 team with OSU #2. Despite not liking MI, I wanted them to pound the Yewts. I relished the Hall rant and agree with him about their fanbase (especially suspender boy).